When is Forgotten Sanctum supposed to trigger?

I think in my playthrough, right after I went back to Neketaka from Ashen Maw, a.k.a visiting the Palace after Ashen Maw. Llengrath visited me right when I sail out from Neketaka, and I havent even found the Black Isle in this playthrough. Spoiler: The puzzle in the Hall of the Unseen suddenly solved by Llengrath, since she opened up all the door to reach the Sanctum LOL

I think in my playthrough, right after I went back to Neketaka from Ashen Maw, a.k.a visiting the Palace after Ashen Maw. Llengrath visited me right when I sail out from Neketaka, and I havent even found the Black Isle in this playthrough. Spoiler: The puzzle in the Hall of the Unseen suddenly solved by Llengrath, since she opened up all the door to reach the Sanctum LOL

Haha that's great.

I got the wave cutscene but nothing else.

Haha that's great.

The wave cutscene is the indication that the DLC has started. Nothing adds added to the journal until you go to the Black Isle (which now should have tentacles) and enter the Hall of the Unseen and decent the newly opened dungeon in the centre of the puzzle map.

Just wanted to say that Forgotten Sanctum has jus triggered for me, I am at level 13, didn’t do Ashen Maw and just got the wave cutscene (I did complete Hall of the Unseen). The isle has tentacles and the dungeon below can be accessed. I have not completed Berkana’s sidequest.

Haha that's great.

The wave cutscene is the indication that the DLC has started. Nothing adds added to the journal until you go to the Black Isle (which now should have tentacles) and enter the Hall of the Unseen and decent the newly opened dungeon in the centre of the puzzle map.

Just wanted to say that Forgotten Sanctum has jus triggered for me, I am at level 13, didn’t do Ashen Maw and just got the wave cutscene (I did complete Hall of the Unseen). The isle has tentacles and the dungeon below can be accessed. I have not completed Berkana’s sidequest.

Did you also get the Llengrath cutscene?

I was mistaken. I did not get any cutscene until I finished the powderhouse quest. It seems a number of things get stuck when that quest is "in progress".

Edited by Verde

Llengrath will also board your ship and tell you to go to the Hall of the Unseen. Pretty sure this encounter is bugged, as the only time she's ever shown up was when I used the Fonferrus.

That's a shame. It's a quality interaction with PoE1 decisions showing up.

Edited by Verde

If I remember well, one of the devs said that Lengrath landing isn’t tied to the beginning of FS. She appears very late in the game, so if you loaded your pre-endgame save you will probably get her before heading to FS.

Here it is - https://support.obsidian.net/article/39-how-do-i-start-the-forgotten-sanctum-dlc

Edited by Verde
  • Like 1

If I remember well, one of the devs said that Lengrath landing isn’t tied to the beginning of FS. She appears very late in the game, so if you loaded your pre-endgame save you will probably get her before heading to FS.

Here it is - https://support.obsidian.net/article/39-how-do-i-start-the-forgotten-sanctum-dlc

Interesting. I am curious when she will show up in my current playthrough. What I was refering was something that was written on this forum, though I can't be bothered to look for it and see if I remember correctly :)

From this link it seems that Llengrath should nudge you toward to quest if you don't find it yourself. 

Edited by Wormerine

Which is truly bizarre lol a new player would have no idea what to do without looking it up.

It is a bit vague. At the same time the wave interaction indicates that you should investigate Tikiwara and Black Isle and tentacles on the Black Isle are a bit of a giveaway. I don’t think it is an issue, except this is the only quest which is not explicitly tracked since the very beginning.