Is this stupid memory leak issue ever going to get fixed?!

Im sick of qutting and restarting game after every few reloads or every big fights because game turns into a stuttering jaggy mess. Before anyone blames my pc i have more than enough (gtx1080,16gb,ssd,ryzen1600) and this is a known issue to devs, also reported by others.

I have less than you, Invidia 980, 16G RAM, i7 and 4T HD and that does not happen to me. However, occasionally, when reloading a scene the game kicks me out saying there was an error and I go back to the game start screen and must enter from my last save.

I have a comparable setup (GTX1080, 32GB RAM, SSD, Intel i7-7700K) and I have no problems as long as I don't use Avenging Storm with AoE Attacks (which lets the framrate drop dramatically for some seconds). I'm using Linux (Ubtunu 18.04.1) though.

But I also have Windows 10 on the same machine and occasionally play Deadfire there: no such problems as well. 

Are you sure that this is a problem of Deadfire/Unity3D?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

https://steamcommunity.com/app/560130/discussions/0/2828702373001444109/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105123-fps-drop-and-memory-leak/

for example look what happens in 15:54

as you can see it doesnt only happen to me. game is butter smooth when first load it, but it degrades over time. reloading saves makes it degrade faster.

most noticable is the amount of stuttering when you move the screen around, compared to start of the game.

I have the same problems as you, and a very comparable PC spec, even tried most of the solutions proposed online, to no avail. Btw are u guys installing Deadfire on your SSD? Because i also have SSD, but its only 128gb, just enough room to keep Windows 10 on it, installed the game on HDD drive. Maybe this is an issue?

Edited by AlexDeLarge

I don't think it's exclusively an HDD question. I have the game on HDD with few if any problems like this.

(Btw, yesterday I noticed that the movement speed of my characters, and only that, fluctuated wildly. Clearly a new problem with a new patch. D'oh.)

I have those same problems in new patch. It's just the Obsidian patching way, 1 step forward, 1 step backward :(

for example look what happens in 15:54

<snip>

as you can see it doesnt only happen to me. game is butter smooth when first load it, but it degrades over time. reloading saves makes it degrade faster.

most noticable is the amount of stuttering when you move the screen around, compared to start of the game.

that video is not a memory leak issue.

there's a fundamental inefficiency in the game engine. I think it's related to some operations being done synchronously instead of asynchronously, or poor job scheduler management. The reason why the game lags in that video there is because a ton of resonant touches are being processed, and it does in a way that is characteristic of poor threading or job scheduling - it tries to do it all at once, in conflict with trying to render new frames of graphics or processing other game logic.

this happens with a bunch of similar other effects - before I gave up on nvidia 2080 ti (due to constant RMAs) i had a beast of a machine that i built a few months ago, but even then if i cast mirror image the entire game would seize up for a split second, which to me sounds like just way too much work being done on the main thread no matter how much hardware you throw at it. this is true whether or not mirror image was the first thing i did from a cold boot, or i had already been playing for a couple hours.

there are issues with quickloading not completely "cleansing" game state (resulting in various bugs over the life cycle of this game), but it should not be resulting in memory leaks.

also, i would possibly raise the issue that if you're experiencing slow downs as the game goes on, that you're experiencing throttling on your hardware due to insufficient heat dissipation or something. Before I built my new PC I had a 6-ish year old CPU with an ancient intel cpu, a gtx 1060, and like 8 gigs of ram and didn't have any kind of slow down over prolonged play.

edit: also try turning down graphics settings. glow and lighting settings add a lot of graphical overhead. my current system (now using an amd vega 64) can run fallout 76 almost perfectly at 4K-max settings, but I still have to turn off anti-aliasing and settle for consistent sub-60fps on Deadfire at 4K (dropping into the ~20-30fps if I have more than one wall effect active). Unity just gives you a less optimized experience than other game engines.

Edited by thelee