DoTs do not benefit from onCrit bonus penetration

MaxQuest

Question

Screenshot:

mncJsIj.jpg

Target has 12 Burn AR.

Cipher has 11.8 Burn PEN with Soul Ignition.

Even if the cipher has scored a crit, and displayed PEN is 17.6, Soul Ignition ticks still suffer from -1 underpenetration, and overhead numbers show "18".

P.S. If I increase ciphers Burn PEN to 12 to match targets AR; then overhead numbers show 25 (i.e. 24.7 rounded up)

P.P.S. Additionally shift-mouseover tooltip shows basic AR, instead of showing AR that is actually targeted by Soul Ignition (which is 12 vs burn).

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

Haha. Almost a year since release and they managed somehow to broke one of core combat mechanics. I hope Microsoft will drive out all those autist programmers and QA stuff.

"Look at this, guys - we made a crappy balanced turn-based combat in our game!"

"But your game is swarmed by bugs."

"Ah, yes, sorry for the inconvinience, upload your save and output.log to DropBox, we investigate it... at sometime in the future. Thank you."

Ohhh, crap... :facepalm:

^ This can easily be a management problem.

Deadfire is a quite complex thing, so programmers behind the core are quite capable.

But if a programmer is required to work in "we need the result asap" mode, there is a high chance he will miss some possible consequences.

^ This can easily be a management problem.

Deadfire is a quite complex thing, so programmers behind the core are quite capable.

But if a programmer is required to work in "we need the result asap" mode, there is a high chance he will miss some possible consequences.

Maybe you're right.

I just feel myself anger/sad, when i look how one of my favorite title literally dig in oneself with all those bugs. Obsidian leaved PoE 1 in near perfect state (exluding some minor bugs, blurred backgrounds in 3.07 and CC stacking bug which has been fixed by some modder ha-hah), they had gain a huge experience during  first game development and somehow this expirience converted into one of the most bugged and technically broken game i've ever seen. Guess Pathfinder beats Deadfire, but just a bit.

Guess there is some core problems in the code - maybe one's became too complex and complicated.

Edited by Phenomenum