Modding Patch Notes for v4.1.0.0011

This is a list of changes from v4.0.1.0044 to v4.1.0.0011 that specifically affect modding the game. The patch notes for other changes to the game can be found here.

Check the documentation for more details on the functionality of added data properties.

Modding Patch Notes for v4.1.0.0011

• Added BaseProgressionTableAppendGameData. Modders can create game data objects of this type to add abilities into existing progression tables and maintain compatibility with other mods.

• Added GodChallengeComponent.ActivationPrerequisites
  • Added StatusEffectComponent.HideIfNoValue
  • Added WeaponAttackAbilityComponent.ApplyEffectsToPrimaryOnly
  • Added StatusEffectValueType.ClassSkillBonus
  • (Breaking) Removed functionality of StatusEffectType.BonusAccuracyForNearestAllyOnSameEnemy for performance reasons

• Fixed a bug where conditional expressions that mixed and/or operators could evaluate incorrectly in specific situations
  • Added a note to ConditionalExpression documentation about the evaluation order of boolean expressions

• Added Always(Boolean) script conditional
  • Added HasCharmedEnemyNearby script conditional
  • Added IsControllablePartyMember script conditional
  • Added RestoreResourcesFromRest script
  • Added StoreRegenerateItems script
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, BMac! Sooo... After today's official Turn-Base mode annoucement, can you confirm that "OverrideDescriptionTactical" - is overriding descriptions of abilities in TB mode? Just for sure, you know ;)

Haha, yes, "Tactical Mode" is used in the code and the data to refer to turn-based mode.  Remember that the game does automatically generate strings for status effects (not abilities, though), so you only have to use that if it doesn't do what you want.

Ok, thank you. I've suspected it ;)

Can't wait to see TB mode. I hope, you will provide some helping advices in case of unexpedted difficulties with overriding. Keep up the good work, guys!

Edited by Phenomenum

@Bmac Can we possibly mod the player voice track? Ideally the same for Companions as well.

There is a real concept here as we can pick up all the text + tie them to the vocals so potentially I could have ME doing the voice and depending on how dedicated you are to the game friends and family voicing the companions.

I'll be releasing a website in February that auto-generates a Mod that overrides the main Player, Companion, Followers and NPCs with AI added after (funding required)

If you have any ideas for POE2 Multi Player I would love to be kept in the loop (I'll need to modify my stuff so ppl can share images)

I know I'm giving you little detail but I don't know how to handle future enhancements yet so can't

I'm working on NWN:EE as well - that's a LOT harder

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Yes, you can change voice audio, though it doesn't support the override directory. The files are in 'Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\Windows\Voices\English(US)', and player voice sets have the player_ prefix. You need to build the audio into the wem format with Wwise, which is free, but only for non-commercial use.

• Like 1

Thanks @bmac

That's cool but although I can take a MP3 and convert it to a WEM it would be better is I could take a voice

My desire is to let the player record their own voice and replace the audio track

So, much in the same way I can Mod override/gui/portraits/* I'd like an audio version

I don't imagine this a HUGE task

My aim is to be non-destructive

Still want the multi-player concept answering...

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

@BMac

Is WeaponAttackAbilityComponent.ApplyEffectsToPrimaryOnly what governs whether or not attack abilities work with AoE weapons like Rot Skulls or Hand Mortar? I looked through the abilities.gamedatabundle in the latest update and all of those are set to "false" even though the latest update removed AoE attack abilities - so I should set to true, right? Am I looking in the right place?

Edited by Ophiuchus
  • Like 1