Soul blades are a terrific class concept, but tend to feel dull when you actually play them. Most people tend to use their Focus to just spam Soul Annihilation over and over. As a result, the rest of the Cipher's ability set just gets ignored because it is generally better to spend Focus on Annihilation than on another spell. This leads to an effective, but ultimately bland playing experience.
I want to introduce a cooldown to Soul Annihilation.
Limiting a player's usage of Soul Annihilation will force him/her to be more tactical in its use and will also encourage the use of other Cipher abilities while Soul Annihilation is on cooldown.
- Apply a debuff to the player upon using Soul Annihilation
- The debuff should be designed to increase the base cost of Annihilation to an unattainably high value (e.g. 500 Focus instead of 10)
- The inflated cost to use Annihilation will effectively lock out the skill until the debuff ends, in effect creating a cooldown
- The debuff can be set in the Status.gamedatabundle files and can be configured by each player to best fit their tastes - I would propose roughly 10 seconds
- During the 10 seconds, the player can continue to use Focus on other buffs, debuffs or damage abilities without penalty or benefit - only Soul Annihilation is affected
I am fairly confident that this mod can be designed within the gamedatabundle files, but likely requires more competence than I have with this sort of thing.
Is there anyone here who shares my thoughts about Soul Blades that would like to help in creating this mod?