All the DLC is finally out so i'm ready to play the game in its entirety...however I have one pretty big issue. I cant decide on a build. So i'm coming to the pros to help me.

I played through POE 1 as a wizard, loved it. I want to do the same with POE 2 but this time i may want to throw a little spice in it...So my question to you all is: Can you make me/point me in right direction to a build (POTD) for a pure Wizard...and also a Sage. I checked out the build list and saw both but i'm not sure if they're out of date considering the DLC just came out. 

I've always had this issue with RPGS and almost always end up quitting mid game because I think my build game is too weak. 

Thanks for taking the time to help me out! 

Edited by Forrestor

Single class wizard is simple and super strong. This board has a good one (Combusting Wizard - pretty much all post 2.0 guides work for both 3.x and 4.x versions for single class wizards), Sage can either be a primary spellcaster that stacks stats with Helwalker stuff, or a melee using wizard buffs (I'd go for a Citzal's Spirit Lance build).

Edited by Clerith

So if you've never played poe2 doing so as a sage especially helwalker can be a challenge. The plus 10 mig is nice but the debuff garuntees you're squishy as hell and on potd you'll need sustain more than burst during the harder fights imo. I went helwalker evoker for max PL before the latest patch and it was a hoot but no walk in the park.

I'm playing through as a tactician bloodmage atm and I think it's actually just perfect. Lots of options, brilliant proc and chill fog are your best friends. I'm just having a lot more fun with this than the sage.

Single class wizard is simple and super strong. This board has a good one (Combusting Wizard - pretty much all post 2.0 guides work for both 3.x and 4.x versions for single class wizards), Sage can either be a primary spellcaster that stacks stats with Helwalker stuff, or a melee using wizard buffs (I'd go for a Citzal's Spirit Lance build).

Thanks for the info! So the Lancer build on the board is still up to date? I was checking it out and it seemed like alot of fun. 

So if you've never played poe2 doing so as a sage especially helwalker can be a challenge. The plus 10 mig is nice but the debuff garuntees you're squishy as hell and on potd you'll need sustain more than burst during the harder fights imo. I went helwalker evoker for max PL before the latest patch and it was a hoot but no walk in the park.

I'm playing through as a tactician bloodmage atm and I think it's actually just perfect. Lots of options, brilliant proc and chill fog are your best friends. I'm just having a lot more fun with this than the sage.

Do you have a Watcher build to start off with? Also are you playing solo or grouped? Thanks!