[3.1.1] Unarmed attacks: No right-click details and no icon for Monk's

AndreaColombo

Question

This has actually been an issue since the backer beta: Whenever you fight unarmed, regardless of your character's class or whether they have the Monastic Unarmed Training talent, it is impossible to right-click the fist weapon icon to retrieve details like you can with other weapons.

This is a bummer for you can't see your attack speed (the tooltip brought up you when right-click a weapon is the only place where to do that) and because you can't do comparisons with other weapons by having both tooltips open at the same time.

It would be really cool to have this feature.

Another, tangentially related issue is that there seems to be an icon within the game's files that was specifically designed for Monks' unarmed attacks. However, the icon is currently unused. It would be a nice touch to use it for Monks and, why not, for characters who take the Monastic Unarmed Training talent.

This is the icon I'm talking about, found in gui.unity3d :

BvDjk8I.png

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

1 answer to this question

Hey Andrea!

Look at all of this research!  I'll put in a request to see what the Systems Design and Programming teams want to do with this.  If you have anything else you want to add to this, please continue to do so as I will be linking this thread into the report to be used as a reference.

Thanks again for the help and all that research Andrea :)

• Like 1