Charmed, Dominated not Working

nem0

Question

Hello, whenever I charm or dominate any enemy via cipher spells they may switch allegiance for a short time and then swap back while still showing the status effect under their conditions(with substantial remaining affliction time).  I have read around and I have not seen that anything removes the affliction besides intellect inspirations or specific abilities like paladin's talents(aegis of loyalty I believe). I have read through combat logs and I don't believe any specific damage instance is bringing them out of this but it happens every time I use a charm or dominate.

Is this intended and am I missing something or is it a bug?

3 answers to this question

Hey Nem0!

My best guess without seeing this in action would be that there is an ability like Suppress Affliction, Liberating Exhortation, or something else that is putting the affliction on hold but it's possible that there is a bug where the timer isn't coming off for some reason.  If you could get a screen shot and send us that and a copy of your save that would be great!  If needed, you can find instructions on where the saves are located here.  If the forums don't allow you to attach it due to size, you can send the save to me at support@obsidian.net.

Thanks Nem0!

Ok thanks, I will try to do that. Last time it happened was against Arkemyr's Iron constructs after completing the quest(and then killing him for his grimoire of course). I will try and get some better proof.  

• Like 1

Alright I think I figured it out. They Shielded Their Eyes 'Gainst the Fampyr's Gaze would apply to the enemy as they have swapped allegiance lowering their level of intellect affliction thus taking them out of the charmed/dominated status. I am not sure if this is intended but because enemies get your aura during these afflictions it applies. 

post-160710-0-13517200-1541796808_thumb.jpg

post-160710-0-24228600-1541796814_thumb.jpg

post-160710-0-93852700-1541796820_thumb.jpg

• Like 1