So after several play-throughs solo, I'm finally back to Chanter. This class just seems like it will be best suited for solo play and clearing ALL game content.

I think that I have a lack of understanding on the class to make it truely viable for me. I'm hoping the community can help out.

What are your recommendations for a solo PoTD run with a chanter (be it single or multi-class), with minimal micro?

Troubadour spamming Eld Naries with Sasha's Scimitar x). Have a few other nukes for different occassions and you should be fine. 

But *gasp*, no summons? You're leaving the best part out. 

Eld Nary is fantastic until you hit a mage with spell reflect :)

doing 2 chanters + 2xranger/rogue + 1 streetfighter/unbroken.

Wiped my party once when 3 eld nary's got reflected  :S

Edited by Killyox

You should be asking yourself whether you can have fun with them, or not. 

Cheese is irrelevant if you'll be having fun x).

Okay true. I guess the times I’ve tried summons hasn’t been overly fun for me.

I have rolled a chanter maybe 7-8 times only to feel it as underwhelming.

I know it is possible to have a chanter that hits like a truck and stands like a brick wall, I just don’t know how to achieve that.

You should be asking yourself whether you can have fun with them, or not. 

Cheese is irrelevant if you'll be having fun x).

Okay true. I guess the times I’ve tried summons hasn’t been overly fun for me.

I have rolled a chanter maybe 7-8 times only to feel it as underwhelming.

I know it is possible to have a chanter that hits like a truck and stands like a brick wall, I just don’t know how to achieve that.

Maybe consider doing something like this build: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/100407-class-build-harbinger-of-berath-street-fightertroubadour/ 

Perhaps with Battle Axe modal and medium shield modal (when streetfighter bonus kicks in) it will still attack plenty fast, will have decent defense, and will hit hard and make things bleed.

Troubadour spamming Eld Naries with Sasha's Scimitar x). Have a few other nukes for different occassions and you should be fine. 

But *gasp*, no summons? You're leaving the best part out. 

I'm trying to avoid summon cheese if possible.

How is summon cheese?

So after several play-throughs solo, I'm finally back to Chanter. This class just seems like it will be best suited for solo play and clearing ALL game content.

I think that I have a lack of understanding on the class to make it truely viable for me. I'm hoping the community can help out.

What are your recommendations for a solo PoTD run with a chanter (be it single or multi-class), with minimal micro?

You can look this build , maybe something for you if you dont want micro/summon.

Maybe not the best like the title but take a look ;)

Has anyone tried out chanter/ranger?

Yeah, once as a Beckoner back before the great nerfing, and my current run with a mc Ghost Heart/Troubadour (potd triple crown, just hit lvl 14). Ghost Heart gives an instant summon if needed and you've spent phrases on non-summon invocations and no pet when you don't want to deal with it lol.

I play it as a ranged caster/summoner/pew pew. Early I just focused on summons and let my Herald take care of paralyze spamming, ~lvl10-13 the good ranged invocations start to open up and it gets a lot more interesting to play. I went with bows just for flavor but any sort of ranged weapon options work. For stats I dumped constitution and resolve, maxed dexterity/perception/might and put whatever was left into intelligence.

Beckoner would work if you just want to summon as you can cast them right at the start of a fight most of the time anyway, otherwise Troubadour is generally better. Despite the Beckoner nerfs people tend to underestimate the power of summoning 6 of the sword things right on top of a squishy priority target like a caster.

But in general Wildrhymer is ok...nothing earth shattering or highlight vid worthy but dependable ranged support and decent dps. I don't know about solo though, I never really considered it with this build.

Edited by colma86

Has anyone tried out chanter/ranger?

Yeah, once as a Beckoner back before the great nerfing, and my current run with a mc Ghost Heart/Troubadour (potd triple crown, just hit lvl 14). Ghost Heart gives an instant summon if needed and you've spent phrases on non-summon invocations and no pet when you don't want to deal with it lol.

I play it as a ranged caster/summoner/pew pew. Early I just focused on summons and let my Herald take care of paralyze spamming, ~lvl10-13 the good ranged invocations start to open up and it gets a lot more interesting to play. I went with bows just for flavor but any sort of ranged weapon options work. For stats I dumped constitution and resolve, maxed dexterity/perception/might and put whatever was left into intelligence.

Beckoner would work if you just want to summon as you can cast them right at the start of a fight most of the time anyway, otherwise Troubadour is generally better. Despite the Beckoner nerfs people tend to underestimate the power of summoning 6 of the sword things right on top of a squishy priority target like a caster.

But in general Wildrhymer is ok...nothing earth shattering or highlight vid worthy but dependable ranged support and decent dps. I don't know about solo though, I never really considered it with this build.

That’s a shame, seemed like it might be alright.