Any interesting build using Druid's Summoned Weapon?

There are two Summoned Weapons for Druid; Firebrand and Rot Skulls. As far as I know, Firebrand summons a Great Sword that inflicts Burn damage and Rot Skulls summons a One-Handed unique ranged weapon which cannot be affected by any weapon proficiency.  

Honestly, Firebrand has little characteristic and I don't think it can be useful even on some specific situation. On the other hand, Rot Skulls have its own feature that deals damage in small area foe only aoe over time. Any good build?  :)

I believe Boeroer has looked into this.

Firebrand is for RP, the damage is so-so. You can go devoted for extra accuracy, penetration and for clean sweep (=aoe fire attack). On the other hand a Paladin has some synergies as well. "Build" is an overstatement, as the skills that increase Firebrands damage are very limitied: Scion of flame / Ring of focused fire.

GL!

Yes, right.

Firebrand has a +25% burning lash which makes it ok.

If you want to build around it you can use Bleak Walker and add Ring of Focused Flame, Scion of Flame + Spirit of Decay for +2 PEN and +10 ACC and additional +25% burning lash with Flames of Devotion.

That means you can turn on Rending Smash with no ACC loss. Not too bad combined with the lash(es). Firebrand itself profits from Scion of Flame and Ring no matter if you use FoD or not. FoD of a Bleak Walker just can add an additional +1 PEN with Spirit of Decay and more lashes.

Nothing too special but a viable combo if you don't want to shift anyway.

Druid/Devoted would also work well I think. +2 PEN from Devoted, +1 from Scion and +10 ACC from the Ring. Nice for the enhanced crit damage.

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

By the way, you could forgo the Druid part and use scrolls for Firebrand. Granted, you wouldn't be able to wield it all the time, but you should able to have it when it counts.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Druid/Devoted would also work well I think. +2 PEN from Devoted, +1 from Scion and +10 ACC from the Ring. Nice for the enhanced crit damage.

It seems great. Thank you for the information! I was forgetting the existence of the Ring. :p