Romance Relationship questions

I was wondering about some of the content. It's not that I want to know what exactly happens during the progress of the game (unless you would like) but more of the context.

1. Like what type of relationship (playful, serious, ect)

2. What is some focus of the romance (example: Maia and her bird)

Maybe how you felt about the relationship overall. Anything you want to add. I know the natural flow of the friendship is intertwined with it, maybe the romance complimented it well?

Open discussion. :)

Edited by XEternalXDreamsX

1. With the new sexual encounters DLC, extremely graphic. Enjoy choose your own adventure scenes with options from storybook first times to acts that would make Marquis de Sade blush. It can all be yours for the low price of $19.99.

2. Find out for the low price of $19.99.

Really it's just random dialogue. I ended up romancing Xoti without even realizing it, which between that and her other quirks was a lot like my first girlfriend tbh

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Relationships in this game are not super horrible, but as with all other Deadfire’s relations, they are just too shallow, as KaineParker said.

It’d better if Obsidian focued on making 4 awesome companions with really rich dialogues and unique personalities, that actually allow you to connect rather than making a lot of meaningless companions and sidekicks. Even if these party members didn’t match every player, a rich hateful relation is better than bland one (at least in fiction). Right now they’re seriously even worse than BioWare in this aspect and on level of Fallout...4. More Verses and Sirins please, less Aloths and Palleginas.

Edit: but to actually answer your question all relationships are playful (except Aloth’s who sucks anyway) and require you to be lighthearted, max relation with this character and then do their sidequest. They don’t revolve around anything in particular. Xoti and Maia give you some nice banter when you are in relationship with them, get jealous and/or protective in some interactions with NPCs, not too bad. What I dislike is the fact that you can’t have a negative relationship, when you dislike each other but still feel attracted. You need to max positive rep first and doing it basically requires you to be lighthearted (Clever, Shady and Passionate dialogue options)

Edited by Zaris
  • Like 2

And on the other side of the coin, there are folks who like Aloth and his romance track. It's very quiet and understated, not surprisingly, though the kickoff is a bit more dramatic if you go the negative relationship route (yes, Aloth does have a rivalmance option).

• Like 5

Aloth is, actually, the only option if you really mean business. Pallegina potentially would be too, but she is heavily attached to her duties for the Republics. Others are just "hit it and quit it".

Edited by Xsanf
  • Like 2

Aloth is, actually, the only option if you really mean business. Pallegina potentially would be too, but she is heavily attached to her duties for the Republics. Others are just "hit it and quit it".

I spoiled myself by reading/watching videos to see the comparisons. It seems like almost all go their own way at the end. I'm not saying that the romances were horrible, they are great but Obsidian decided to possibly to let them go their own way once/if they start part 3- there won't end up in a mess to include certain characters and relationship differences.

Obsidian decided to possibly to let them go their own way once/if they start part 3- there won't end up in a mess to include certain characters and relationship differences.

Which it makes it very interesting to look at which companions Obsidian does allow to (potentially) hang around - Edér and Aloth. Plus, hey, who knows what the sidekicks get up to when the game's over.

Edited by Tarlonniel

2. What is some focus of the romance (example: Maia and her bird)

:huh:

I spoiled myself by reading/watching videos to see the comparisons. It seems like almost all go their own way at the end. I'm not saying that the romances were horrible, they are great but Obsidian decided to possibly to let them go their own way once/if they start part 3- there won't end up in a mess to include certain characters and relationship differences.

Don't worry. You'll meet with (some) of them again in PoE3. Good luck on your relationship though. Vela will be a gothic teenager and Bleak Walker apprentice, Eder will have his "son", Pallegina will blame you for something she did.

And the gods only know what they will come up with. :p

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Well, it depends. Do you mean that some of them decide to do their own thing for a bit? I can't speak of the others, but of Xoti I know:

From the PoE Wiki:

Though the two of you no longer travel together, Xoti holds fast to the memory of you in her heart, remaining your fierce and doting girlfriend - faithful even in her absence.

You receive a missive for every day apart, though they often arrive in a single bundle some weeks or months past. In them, she writes of how she misses you, how you are like a fire that burns inside her, how one day surely you will be united again.

Until then, she prays for your safety as she continues to labor in service to Gaun.

I mean, sure, the realist cynic in me shakes their head, but her actually sitting down and writing you a letter every day? Damn. You got my attention.

(...) Pallegina will blame you for something she did. (...)

:grin:

Of course, it's your influence! Your little "goody-two-shoes" attitude! How dare you encourage her to - you know, not **** people over in their time of need! The sheer nerve of some people!

• Like 1