Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any audiophiles here.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4739 posts

I'm looking for headphones that have both bluetooth and traditional connectors. It's a very confusing market. 

I want to find the goldilocks point between price and performance. Just about every set of headphones I have ever bought have broken because of flimsy plastics with nothing going wrong with the speakers themselves, so build quality is important too. 

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3839 posts

I don't use wireless headphones myself, but I do rate InnerFidelity's Wall of Fame, which is constantly updated and is happy to recommend headphones from $20 to $5000. Their wireless headphone recommendations are here and it looks like all four options meet your criteria.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4739 posts

It's kinda sacrificing a lot, but I can't go back to wrangling cables when I'm out and about. With a decent DAC at home you can plug them in and get more sound quality. 

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6530 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm looking for headphones that have both bluetooth and traditional connectors. It's a very confusing market. 

I want to find the goldilocks point between price and performance. Just about every set of headphones I have ever bought have broken because of flimsy plastics with nothing going wrong with the speakers themselves, so build quality is important too. 

Grado is about to release their first bluetooth headphones:

https://gradolabs.co...s/item/74-gw100

If I bought bluetooth headphones this is what I'd get.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3265 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I got some Cowin E8s that I can recommend but for me it's all about ear comfort and I need to have my headphones completely around my lobes and not on them.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7462 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
I usually stick with Sennheiser for my headphones needs. They ain't done me wrong yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users