I played and beat poe1 awhile ago, just recently got poe2 deadfire. I play on POTD, I prefer solo but I'll go maybe with one or two(max) party members for story and dialogue for my first playthrough. I'm very picky with my races, I only like elf's or humans and Ive been stumped for about 6 hours trying to figure out a combination that would work. Im leaning mostly to a shadowdancer, I tried  a Nalpazca/streetdighter but did not like the fact I need to be high to actually fight.

I want a shadowdancer or something that keep my restartitis from kicking in, I actually want to play the game without restarting a bunch of times. I've looked through all the builds here and on YouTube(sintee mostly) and really have not  seen anything that I would play from start to finish.

So I'm looking for some ideas, starting stats, best weapons proficiency to choose from(no range), something sustainable but also a monster at pushing out damage. And again( shadowdancer preferred), no chanters 

Thank you and it's much appreciated. I just want to play without restarting 300 times.Thank you again for all your input

I played and beat poe1 awhile ago, just recently got poe2 deadfire. I play on POTD, I prefer solo but I'll go maybe with one or two(max) party members for story and dialogue for my first playthrough. I'm very picky with my races, I only like elf's or humans and Ive been stumped for about 6 hours trying to figure out a combination that would work. Im leaning mostly to a shadowdancer, I tried  a Nalpazca/streetdighter but did not like the fact I need to be high to actually fight.

I want a shadowdancer or something that keep my restartitis from kicking in, I actually want to play the game without restarting a bunch of times. I've looked through all the builds here and on YouTube(sintee mostly) and really have not  seen anything that I would play from start to finish.

So I'm looking for some ideas, starting stats, best weapons proficiency to choose from(no range), something sustainable but also a monster at pushing out damage. And again( shadowdancer preferred), no chanters 

Thank you and it's much appreciated. I just want to play without restarting 300 times.Thank you again for all your input

On Potd that shadowdancer is very nice but you will need a support healer otherwise it will be a bit too squishy in some encounters. I would recommend a Priest/Chanter or Paladin/Priest as your healer support or Paladin Chanter.

For solid solo you typically mix Paladin/x like Paladin/Trickster , Paladin Chanter or something like that to be tanky enough. Check the boards build list for build ideas. As I said for solo a Paladin multi with a strong dps class (Rogue, Monk, Barbarian) is a good way to go. 

• Like 1

I played and beat poe1 awhile ago, just recently got poe2 deadfire. I play on POTD, I prefer solo but I'll go maybe with one or two(max) party members for story and dialogue for my first playthrough. I'm very picky with my races, I only like elf's or humans and Ive been stumped for about 6 hours trying to figure out a combination that would work. Im leaning mostly to a shadowdancer, I tried a Nalpazca/streetdighter but did not like the fact I need to be high to actually fight.

I want a shadowdancer or something that keep my restartitis from kicking in, I actually want to play the game without restarting a bunch of times. I've looked through all the builds here and on YouTube(sintee mostly) and really have not seen anything that I would play from start to finish.

On Potd that shadowdancer is very nice but you will need a support healer otherwise it will be a bit too squishy in some encounters. I would recommend a Priest/Chanter or Paladin/Priest as your healer support or Paladin Chanter.

For solid solo you typically mix Paladin/x like Paladin/Trickster , Paladin Chanter or something like that to be tanky enough. Check the boards build list for build ideas. As I said for solo a Paladin multi with a strong dps class (Rogue, Monk, Barbarian) is a good way to go.

We’ve actually built a Paladin/streetfighter and Paladin/Devoted here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105698-what-is-the-go-to-potd-melee-solo-build-now/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2100107

We are just finalizing the abilities and gear, though I think it’s pretty much done.

All the final builds are under my name. There are just two.

Edited by diamondsforever

Helwalker/Trickster is a blast. Max perception and dexterity, dump resolve, put remaining points in intellect and might. The simultaneous +10 might and +10 intellect (from turning wheel) at max wounds will make you formidable in melee and give long spell durations, while swift flurry increases both melee and casting speed. A good opening strategy is to activate swift flurry, enduring dance, mirrored/displaced image, and repulsive visage in quick succession, then refresh as necessary once your intellect is buffed to pretty much infinitely terror-lock most (at least kith) enemies. There are a few good single-target debuffs as well; it's just a really versatile multi that's both adaptable and a lot of fun to play :)

*To OP:

Why don't you try Ghostheart Ranger/Rogue or Rogue subclass of choice?

You can always end combat as soon as you like making you very safe, even in solo, and giving you an opportunity to learn the game better. It also comes with base built in monstrous accuracy, penetration and interrupt bonuses allowing you to use a greater variety of weapons, armours and, if you like, forego consumables completely. You can do every non-ship bounty in the game early by just killing one thing(if you like) and so get a lot of xp and cash.  

• Like 1

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

*To OP:

You can always end combat as soon as you like making you very safe, even in solo, and giving you an opportunity to learn the game better. It also comes with base built in monstrous accuracy, penetration and interrupt bonuses allowing you to use a greater variety of weapons, armours and, if you like, forego consumables completely. You can do every non-ship bounty in the game early by just killing one thing(if you like) and so get a lot of xp and cash.  

Write a Ghostheart Ranger/Rogue build for me, please! ;)

P.S. I had been hesitant about even the Ghostheart Ranger, because I thought most of the top Ranger skills were at level 8-9 - which means they won't be available as multi-class characters? In particular, the skill that lets you shoot twice won't be available to multi-class characters :(

*To OP:

Write a Ghostheart Ranger/Rogue build for me, please! ;)

P.S. I had been hesitant about even the Ghostheart Ranger, because I thought most of the top Ranger skills were at level 8-9 - which means they won't be available as multi-class characters? In particular, the skill that lets you shoot twice won't be available to multi-class characters :(

I played a build similar to this. Personally, I found it very boring. At first you feel like it’s awesome but then it just becomes shoot once, kill target, escape, repeat. Where this type of build really fails is ship battles, where you can’t escape. 2 cents.

Helwalker/Trickster is a blast. Max perception and dexterity, dump resolve, put remaining points in intellect and might. The simultaneous +10 might and +10 intellect (from turning wheel) at max wounds will make you formidable in melee and give long spell durations, while swift flurry increases both melee and casting speed. A good opening strategy is to activate swift flurry, enduring dance, mirrored/displaced image, and repulsive visage in quick succession, then refresh as necessary once your intellect is buffed to pretty much infinitely terror-lock most (at least kith) enemies. There are a few good single-target debuffs as well; it's just a really versatile multi that's both adaptable and a lot of fun to play :)

sounds interesting. Ill try it out