Yo! Still working on this build, but first let me show a demo video about the build concept and how u can optimize the usage of Sacred Immolation :)

Some key point you will need to maximize it's effect;

1. Stats: 18 STR, 15 DEX, 6 CON, 10 PER, 10 INT, 18+1 RES, with Gipon + Cloak of Poverty I can start the combat with 29 Res, with Clarity of Agony casted, I only take 2 raw ticks from SI, it also makes me more tanky, so I can take some hit even in light armor. Inspired Defense and Blunting Belt are picked to overcome the Pierce weakness of padded armor.
  2. Buffed Stats is: 35 STR, 20 DEX, 6 CON, 10 PER, 20 INT, 30 RES, I don't need Con because Moongodlike tides buffed my HP MAX.
  3. Stacking Fire PL items, you will need Magran's Favor, Sun & Moon and the cat Otto starcat. As I discovered that PL has same formula on SI and weapon abilities, it raise base damage! Also since PL increase range, duration, and with +10 INT from Duality of Mortal Presence, I can keep the AoE in good range and long duration with a base 10 INT.
  4. As a meleer Helwalker, the most important thing is stay alive, thus I picked Kind wayfarer, Moon godlike for extra healing and Armor, and for the cheese and cake, I picked Espirs as my secondary weapon set, so when enemies is in low hp, I just switch to it for extra healing, and then switch back, just like the video shows.
  5. To further boost SI, I use ring of focused flame + footsteps of beast, as the Hobble affliction means -10 reflex and it doesn't need to check enemy defense. What I need to do is, being surrounded, and move a little bit and everyone around me will be Hobbled.

The demo video as below, I'm a bit lazy to test if this is soloable, but it's definitely fun to watch :)

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 3

Subbing

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Helwalker needs to hold onto Wounds ;)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Might I suggest Blade Turning, so you have something to spend monk resource on while you're standing there, and you do not get hit so much in melee ?

Why not a Priest + Death Godlike | Human + Salvation of Time + Searing Seal + Shining Beacon ;)

I just think both Blade turning and BDD + Salvation cheesy thus choose not to use them :)

I can imagine a Sage, with blade turning + arcane reflection, and stacking range attack deflection to trigger soul mirror. Now you are immune to melee, immune to single target blast and almost immune to range attack, and u reflect all them back... Just like the Mirrorback build, it's very powerful for sure, but I feel it's bit too much.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

Might I suggest Blade Turning, so you have something to spend monk resource on while you're standing there, and you do not get hit so much in melee ?

Why not a Priest + Death Godlike | Human + Salvation of Time + Searing Seal + Shining Beacon ;)

I just think both Blade turning and BDD + Salvation cheesy thus choose not to use them :)

I can imagine a Sage, with blade turning + arcane reflection, and stacking range attack deflection to trigger soul mirror. Now you are immune to melee, immune to single target blast and almost immune to range attack, and u reflect all them back... Just like the Mirrorback build, it's very powerful for sure, but I feel it's bit too much.

This is funny, because I think that using any X/Paladin is more cheesing than using any other class combination, mostly because of how inverse damage reduction work, so you will basically decide between unlimited god mode and short duration god mode ;)

On your video you don't use Heavy Armor, but single Patinated Plate will make you invincible to all tigers attack, even with cost of recovery speed + if SI is threated as weapon damage then you can equip modwyr for 20% fire or cold lash and scorde's edge for more ACC - 20% multiplicative lash + Scrodeo's Accuracy is better than 20% DM and 8 ACC from 4PL

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

This is funny, because I think that using any X/Paladin is more cheesing than using any other class combination, mostly because of how inverse damage reduction work, so you will basically decide between unlimited god mode and short duration god mode ;)

On your video you don't use Heavy Armor, but single Patinated Plate will make you invincible to all tigers attack, even with cost of recovery speed + if SI is threated as weapon damage then you can equip modwyr for 20% fire or cold lash and scorde's edge for more ACC - 20% multiplicative lash + Scrodeo's Accuracy is better than 20% DM and 8 ACC from 4PL

Well the reason I can face tank these tigers are not because I’m tanky with light armor, but I’m able to land a kill blow before dying, and I switch to Espirs to trigger the ghostblase chain effect, and it heals me to full hp (I’m almost dying at that moment).

But I do agree if I wear plate armor I will be in god mode. I think the current AR system scales too steep, high AR provide too much damage reduction, and it’s a multiplier I think? So 1/4 damage is really divide the incoming dam by 4. Imo it should be something like 75% light armor, 60% medium, 45% heavy instead.

Edited by dunehunter

Well the reason I can face tank these tigers are not because I’m tanky with light armor, but I’m able to land a kill blow before dying, and I switch to Espirs to trigger the ghostblase chain effect, and it heals me to full hp (I’m almost dying at that moment).

But I do agree if I wear plate armor I will be in god mode.

You have +15 defense from paladin passives (for others classes it equal to equipping light shield) + your Flame of Devotion heal you for ~80 - 90 HP (Which also unique Paladin ability) + you restored 3 Zeal (which also unique Paladin ability) during fight

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

And if I don’t use +fire pl items, not dual wielding, the performance would be much worse. My damage can be 30~40% less due to the dam, range, duration lose. And half the white flame healing amount if not dual wielding. And that’s why this is a optimized SI demo ;)

I might have already die before triggering the kill chain, and might not have enough dps before I run out of resource.

Edited by dunehunter

On your video you don't use Heavy Armor, but single Patinated Plate will make you invincible to all tigers attack, even with cost of recovery speed + if SI is threated as weapon damage then you can equip modwyr for 20% fire or cold lash and scorde's edge for more ACC - 20% multiplicative lash + Scrodeo's Accuracy is better than 20% DM and 8 ACC from 4PL

Btw modwyr's lash is not working for other weapon anymore, neither does Scorde's Edge's ACC bonus, it doesn't work on SI.

Edited by dunehunter

Because of doulbe inversion it's actually much higher than 75%. Look at grazes "official" -50% or at Full Attacks' "official" -35%.

Switching to Engolio is very smart when using SI and as soon as enemies start to die. You will heal instantly and deal good additional AoE damage while the switching doesn't slow down the damage output of SI at all. The lesser PLs do, but that gets balanced out by Ghost Blades.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

75% damage reduction equal to 0.75/(1 - 0.75) * 100% = -300% 
50% damage reduction equal to 0.50/(1 - 0.50) * 100% = -100%

With 75% damage reduction you enemies will always get -300% to damage, so damage modifier will be  always negative.  But I don't know what happen next, nor about  damage with negative modifier computation 

If you know that small fact +50% from Helwalker look like small clutter, because of that small fact +3 Passive armor from paladin subclass equal to = -300% DM for Infinity time

Of-course you need high defenses, but +15 passive to ALL defenses will help you with that small problem, I think for balance purposes Paladins should get has ability with +6 (ACTIVE) armor bonus  for short period of time instead of +3 as passive, and +15 to all defenses except deflection and +5 to deflection

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

75% damage reduction equal to 0.75/(1 - 0.75) * 100% = -300% 

50% damage reduction equal to 0.50/(1 - 0.50) * 100% = -100%

With 75% damage reduction you enemies will always get -300% to damage, so damage modifier will be  always negative.  But I don't know what happen next, nor about  damage with negative modifier computation 

If you know that small fact +50% from Helwalker look like small clutter, because of that small fact +3 Passive armor from paladin subclass equal to = -300% DM for Infinity time

Of-course you need high defenses, but +15 passive to ALL defenses will help you with that small problem, I think for balance purposes Paladins should get has ability with +6 (ACTIVE) armor bonus  for short period of time instead of +3 as passive, and +15 to all defenses except deflection and +5 to deflection

I agree like my previous post, and it definitely deserve a separate thread.

I agree like my previous post, and it definitely deserve a separate thread.

Yeah, I will start a thread with `How  to build invincible character ` title,  Obsidian very like nerfing everything under such titles ;)

Edited by mant2si