Modding Patch Notes for v3.0.0.0010

This is a list of changes from 2.1.0.0034 to v3.0.0.0010 (currently on the BETA branch) that specifically affect modding the game. The patch notes for other changes to the game can be found here.

We're putting more time into some big new features for the next few patches, so modding isn't getting as much new functionality as it has in the previous ones.  There are a few fun new possibilities, though, such as a status effect type that can allow party members to equip pets, and some more attack and status effect validity conditionals.

Modding Patch Notes for 3.0.0.0010

• All languages now use the same font asset, which contains all the characters from all the supported languages. That means these characters can be used in any game text without switching the font with TextMesh Pro tags.

• Added AttackBaseComponent.AttackValidityConditional
  • Added AuraAbilityComponent.AffectedTargetConditional
  • Added RaceComponent.IsKith
  • Added ShipCrewMemberDataComponent.VisibilityConditions
  • Added SubraceComponent.CanHaveHair, HasFaceCustomization
  • Added StatusEffectAttackFilter.Race, IsKith
  • Added GenericAbilityGameData.GrantedViaScript

• Added StatusEffectEventType OnSuccessfulInterrupt
  • Added ShareTargetTypes.NoPartyMembers
  • Added StatusEffectType.AllowPetSlot

• Added RemoveAllItemsFromObject script
  • Like 5

I like the RemoveAllItems

Will this work with PC (Player Character)?

Do I use the b1ade ID?

It provides an interesting idea for swapping out Sets

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

• All languages now use the same font asset, which contains all the characters from all the supported languages. That means these characters can be used in any game text without switching the font with TextMesh Pro tags.

Any chance you could elaborate on what this means BMac? Does it mean we have access to more UTF-8 supplements?

And while we're on the subject of font assets :- any chance you'll release the codes for some of the alt-symbols used by fonts like Espinosa Nova Titling? If there are any, that is.

Looks like a solid patch, although a little sad that we wont be seeing any big new modding features this time around... I'll just keep my fingers crossed in the hopes that we'll see something juicy (mod-wise) in a patch further down the line!

Edited by Spherical

Editor and Designer
Enhanced User Interface
Nexus Mods | Steam Workshop

Does it mean that Espinosa Nova Capitals IV for english charasters can be automatically used in cyrillic language (russian translation) instead of simple overlays?

I like the RemoveAllItems

Will this work with PC (Player Character)?

Do I use the b1ade ID?

It provides an interesting idea for swapping out Sets

It will work with the player, but it'll only hit their personal inventory, not their equipment.

Any chance you could elaborate on what this means BMac? Does it mean we have access to more UTF-8 supplements?

Yes, essentially.  You now have access to our Chinese, Korean, and Cyrillic characters in all languages.  Previously, we were switching to different fonts when you changed to a non-Latin language, so you'd only have access to e.g. Cyrillic characters when playing in Russian.  Now I've combined all the fonts into a single font asset, so you have access to all these characters no matter what the language setting is.  There aren't any new Latin supplements that weren't available before, though.

And while we're on the subject of font assets :- any chance you'll release the codes for some of the alt-symbols used by fonts like Espinosa Nova Titling? If there are any, that is.

Unfortunately it looks like we don't build any of the non-unicode characters from that font into the font atlas, so they aren't available right now.  The only non-unicode characters we include are the lnums and extra ligatures from the normal Espinosa Nova, which are added automatically by the game when appropriate.

"GrantedViaScript" has also been added to the GenericAbilityComponent?

Yes, that was also added, but I neglected to mention it because its only purpose is for us to retroactively fix some stuff in existing saves. 

More details: it lets us flag existing abilities that were granted by scripts (like the backer NPC training abilities) as being from a script. Going forward, the AddAbility sets this up automatically when the ability is added and the flag is completely unnecessary - it's only needed to retroactively fix abilities that players already have.  Though if you have modded in an ability that's granted to the player via the AddAbility script, you would want to set this flag, so I'll add it to the notes.

Does it mean that Espinosa Nova Capitals IV for english charasters can be automatically used in cyrillic language (russian translation) instead of simple overlays?

Yes, it does, provided you use the equivalent Latin ASCII-range character instead of the Cyrillic character.  For example, U+0412 is a Cyrillic character and it'll be handled by the Cyrillic font, not the Capitals font, but U+0042 will now be handled by the Capitals font - even if the language setting is Russian.

• Like 2

"Yes, it does, provided you use the equivalent Latin ASCII-range character instead of the Cyrillic character.  For example, U+0412 is a Cyrillic character and it'll be handled by the Cyrillic font, not the Capitals font, but U+0042 will now be handled by the Capitals font - even if the language setting is Russian."

Jesus, man, thanks! i'll try this tomorrow. If i correctly understand, you ruined my 2-week work (i've already find some workaround to bring the English Espinosa Nova capitals to Russian version of the game by adding it directly into the text) - but i'm happy with this :w00t:

BMac

I want to make one request (offtopic, i know, but anyway):

I've started topic some days ago about abilities description https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105627-we-need-a-proper-abilities-descriptions-cry-of-my-heart/

Promlem is very complex but, i belive, you can help with at least one thing: during characher creation, levelups and ability tree preview we can see only base damage, Afflictions duration, AoE size etc. (they not corresponds with charachers Attributes):

pg8MFAa.jpg

But in PoE 1 there was actual damage and duration and AoE size, depending of Attributes:

98NWBvx.jpg

It's very confusing when you need a choose ability (and all those people in topic agreed with me).

Can you fix this somehow? Seems it's needs very minor code changes (i hope).

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 2

I have a quick question regarding 3.0: the files for the megaboss are contained in a separate "laxf" folder, as if it were a DLC. The megaboss itself is part of the patch beta, however. Will the final version of the patch include the megaboss or will it be a separate free DLC like the Rum Runners Pack/Deck Of Many Things? I'm curious from a modding perspective whether any aspects of the boss encounter would be considered part of the "base game" and whether a mod that used them would need to require a separate DLC

Edited by house2fly

ALARM! ALARM! ALARM! Very serious UI bug in Russian translation 3.0.0.0012

All ingame text which should be in boldface type - on abilities sheets, item weapon and armor sheets, characher sheets and some other text - now looks like regular type (exept colons, which is bold). Even <b>Text</b> tag are not working anymore. English and other romanian languages are ok.

Step to reproduce: simple comparing russian and english ingame text, try to use <b>Text</b> tag in russian text

I assume this is something connected with BMac's mentioned changes in modding tread:

"All languages now use the same font asset, which contains all the characters from all the supported languages. That means these characters can be used in any game text without switching the font with TextMesh Pro tags".

Please, fix it before release, becose it looks awful ;(

P.S. I've checked Espinosa Nova Capitals in russian text - everything works perfect. BMac did a very expected gift to russian PoE players (at least which uses my mod)

• Like 1

BMac

I want to make one request (offtopic, i know, but anyway):

I've started topic some days ago about abilities description https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105627-we-need-a-proper-abilities-descriptions-cry-of-my-heart/

Promlem is very complex but, i belive, you can help with at least one thing: during characher creation, levelups and ability tree preview we can see only base damage, Afflictions duration, AoE size etc. (they not corresponds with charachers Attributes):

Yeah, this would be nice to have. It became a bit more difficult to hook up when we changed how we produce stat breakdowns for Deadfire, which is why we don't support it at the moment.

I have a quick question regarding 3.0: the files for the megaboss are contained in a separate "laxf" folder, as if it were a DLC. The megaboss itself is part of the patch beta, however. Will the final version of the patch include the megaboss or will it be a separate free DLC like the Rum Runners Pack/Deck Of Many Things? I'm curious from a modding perspective whether any aspects of the boss encounter would be considered part of the "base game" and whether a mod that used them would need to require a separate DLC

The megaboss "DLC" is packaged with the game by default, unlike other DLC like the Rum Runner's Pack.  You can treat it as base game content from a modding perspective.

All ingame text which should be in boldface type - on abilities sheets, item weapon and armor sheets, characher sheets and some other text - now looks like regular type (exept colons, which is bold). Even <b>Text</b> tag are not working anymore. English and other romanian languages are ok.

Thanks for that report.  The fix will be in the week-one hotifx (3.0.1).

• Like 1

@BMac, thanks for the cyrillic font fix in 3.0.0.0021! Now everything is fine and i've made a proper Capitals for the whole game. Really sweet!

42-1538076853-601928610.png

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

Correct, only the fixes listed in the beta patch notes.  Though I will note that the following scripts will no longer log an error message when the game data object they're checking for doesn't exist (they'll still evaluate to false, as they would have before): IsItemCount, IsItemEquipped, ObjectHasItemCount, HasItemMod.  This was for the sake of checking for items from DLCs in base-game content.

• Like 1