Open Inventory Crash w Cape of Falling Star

whimper

Question

Description: 

After buying (from the Deck of Many Things) and equipping the Cape of the Falling Star, quitting the game, and then re-opening the game, the game will now crash whenever I try to open my inventory. 

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

1. Open the save file attached below.
  2. Try to open the inventory.

Saved Game file and Player log: 

Can be found in this dropbox folder

System Specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,1

System Version: macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP111.0146.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.16f68

Comment:

(I think this is the same problem posted in this thread, but I was unsure as to whether I should just add to that thread, or create a separate one.)

3 answers to this question

Hello Whimper,

Sorry about the crashing with the inventory.  The Dropbox wasn't working for me, so I was wondering if you would be able to mail the save file and crash log to me at support@obsidian.net so I can have the team investigate the issue and get a fix in.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

Hello Whimper,

Sorry about the crashing with the inventory.  The Dropbox wasn't working for me, so I was wondering if you would be able to mail the save file and crash log to me at support@obsidian.net so I can have the team investigate the issue and get a fix in.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Done! :)

• Like 1

An Update: This bug is still there for me, and has persisted across multiple characters. But for those encountering the same problem, here are two workarounds that I've found useful.

1. If you load a game with the cape, and then switch scenes a few times and (maybe?) go through a fight or two, then I'm often able to open my inventory without the game crashing.

2. If you start a save where you're not wearing it, and then equip it, you're fine checking your inventory. So if you just make sure to always take it off before you save, you can get around this worry. A little annoying, but much more reliable than the first workaround!

Edited by whimper