[WIP] Swashbuckler tank (Devoted/Streetfighter) - Feedback greatly appreciated on abilities/gear.

So, I'm actually doing a Swashbuckler tank this time. Just posting attributes, abilities, and gear for now - once you guys give your thoughts on these, I'll do an official thing. 

Attributes:

15 Might (7 Base + 1 Human +2 Woedica's Strangling Grasp + 1 Chameleon's Touch + 1 Gift of the Machine +2 Berath's Blessing +1 Permanent Stat Boost)
10 Con (7 Base +1 Effigy's Resentment (Durance) +2 Berath's Blessing) - Effectively 25% extra Health
13 Dexterity (9 Base +1 Chameleon's Touch +1 Deadfire +2 Berath's Blessing)
20 Perception (18 Base +2 Berath's Blessing)
20 Intellect (17 Base +2 Berath's Blessing +1 Strand of Favor)
20 Resolve (17 Base +1 Human +2 Berath's Blessing)

Abilities: 

Level 1: Disciplined Barrage/Crippling Strike
Level 2: Arms Bearer
Level 3: Escape
Level 4: Fighter Stances/Dirty Fighting
Level 5: Two Weapon Style**
Level 6: Confident Aim
Level 7: Disciplined Strikes/Finishing Blow
Level 8: Penetrating Strike
Level 9: Riposte OR Rapid Recovery
Level 10: Vigorous Defense/Persistent Distraction
Level 11: Charge
Level 12: Withering Strike
Level 13: Unbending/Deep Wounds
Level 14: Guardian Stance OR Mob Stance
Level 15: Devastating Blow
Level 16: Armored Grace/Toxic Strike
Level 17: Overbearing Guard OR Slippery Mind
Level 18: Refreshing Defense
Level 19: Deathblows/Unbending Trunk
Level 20: Clear Out

The abilities are probably the hardest part of this build for me. Fighter and Rogue both have skills that are so important for making this build work. 

Equipment: 

Weapons - Depends on what I choose for my Devoted bonus. 

Pollaxes- Lord Darryn's Voulge or Wahai Poraga. Lord Darryn's Voulge, while it can't be made Legendary, has an elemental damage type, access to Ball Lightning per rest, and the ability to stack Shock damage charges on enemies (Which is why Clear Out is a good choice). Requires crit to work, which is kind of difficult for a Fighter/Rogue, but not impossible. 

Wahai Poroga does less damage, but it attacks random targets around the user. Plus it looks pretty cool, though it doesn't have the nice VFX that Lord Darryn's Voulge does. 

Swords - Modwyr and Duskfall. Modwyr is a great sword - has a lash, which adds to the Sneak Attack damage, and Duskfall for penetration on attacking the same target as an ally - great for boss fights, as well as hit to crit conversion. Plus I like the black steel weapons. 

Battleaxes - Oathbreaker's End. Really good mid-to-late game weapon, the only downside is that it's pretty hard to get to, and I'm stuck using generic enchanted gear before then. Once I do, though, it's a force to be reckoned with, and a good case to be made for getting Clear Out a little earlier, if possible. 

Sabres: Lots of really good options available throughout the game, like Tarn's Respite and Grave Calling, the Animancer's Energy Blade and Scordeo's Edge, and many more. Plus they're very pirate-y and this is meant to be a pirate character. 

Armor - Devil of Caroc Breastplate or The Bloody Links. DoC starts off better, but The Bloody Links offers an action speed boost while Bloodied. 

Helm: Horns of the Bleak Mother, upgrade to Blackened Plate Helm for +1 Perception/Intellect and an extra Engagement slot. Alternatively, use the helm from the DLC for improved accuracy with Crippling Strike and Toxic Strike, though I'm not sure if that's as worth it as it would be on something like a Holy Slayer. 

Gloves: Woedica's Strangling Grasp - for +2 Might, +3 Burn DR, and the Garrote ability once per rest. Alternatively, Gauntlets of Discipline for even more Discipline for buffs. 

Belt: Upright Captain's Belt - Concentration and immunity to Pull of Eora so I can drop it on myself for hilarity. 

Amulet: Strand of Favor

Rings: Chameleon's Touch and then either Entonia's Signet Ring or the Ring of Prosperity's Fortune (Once the missing string thing gets fixed) for more Hit-to-Crit chance. 

Cloak: Cloak of Greater Protection (+10 to all non-Deflection defenses)

Boots: Boots of the Stone and then upgrade to Rakhan Field Boots later on. 

So, please give your feedback as to abilities, what weapon I should pick for Devoted, and gear, and also consider the following: 

1. Do you think I ought to play this with the Deadly Deadfire mod installed for more challenge? Admittedly I've only tested this on early-mid game enemies, and with really good gear, but Fighter with Unbending and Constant/Rapid Recovery seems to be pretty ridiculously tanky.

2. Do you think I'll be able to evoke this sort of mood with this character? 

I don't know whether that's more fitting for a Barbarian or not, but I think a Streetfighter could work just as well if I want to be thematic, with the whole "Fighting on the brink of death brings out unbridled savagery" thing. 
Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather

One day you will decide on a build to play, but it will not be this day!

aragorn2.jpg

I couldn't resist.

;(

I appreciate you, Vitalis. You've stuck with me... since the Mindstalker, I think. 

In all seriousness, I'm pretty much 100% feeling the Swashbuckler at this point, barring sudden Fighter/Rogue nerfs. 

Honestly, after some tests of mid-game characters (level 13), in my opinion, you should go with Swashbuckler.

Berserker multiclasses just die too easily (except Brute, but his damage output isn't the greatest).

With Fighter Unbending on the other hand you become nigh unkillable and can comfortably stay blooded. Allows to freely dump Res AND have lowish Con too.

I'd go with Estocs - Eager Blade is available early and really awesome with its extra attacks when hitting a near death target. Plus Cleaving Stance and you get 3 attacks at the price of 1.

Sure the Voulge is cooler, but its begging to be wielded by a Barbarian. Plus late game you can get Econgliero de Espirs, which is pretty awesome too, casting aoe Ghost Blades on kill.

Honestly, after some tests of mid-game characters (level 13), in my opinion, you should go with Swashbuckler.

Berserker multiclasses just die too easily (except Brute, but his damage output isn't the greatest).

With Fighter Unbending on the other hand you become nigh unkillable and can comfortably stay blooded. Allows to freely dump Res AND have lowish Con too.

I'd go with Estocs - Eager Blade is available early and really awesome with its extra attacks when hitting a near death target. Plus Cleaving Stance and you get 3 attacks at the price of 1.

Sure the Voulge is cooler, but its begging to be wielded by a Barbarian. Plus late game you can get Econgliero de Espirs, which is pretty awesome too, casting aoe Ghost Blades on kill.

So, Swashbuckler as opposed to Marauder, you mean? 

Edit: Also, were these tests done with Nemnok's Cloak? Because you can get that really early - more or less at level 7 or 8. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather