How do alien races tell each other apart?

The Echani probably have a smaller yet more muscular build then the average human, thus making them very agile.  Think of the Echani as gymnast.  The Mandalorians, from what Canderous was saying, probably have a larger build then the average human.  While they maybe only be slightly taller then the average human they probably have a thicker bone structure and larger muscles.  They would be lost agile then the Echani, and weaker pound for pound, but they are stronger due to size.  I was interested in seeing what the Iridorian looks like under all that armor.  They are definatly a human sub-group, and seemingly better warriors then the Mandalorians and Echani.

Iridorians good warriors? As a single mercenary maybe, but as an army? nope.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Where your proof?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

The Echani probably have a smaller yet more muscular build then the average human, thus making them very agile.  Think of the Echani as gymnast.  The Mandalorians, from what Canderous was saying, probably have a larger build then the average human.  While they maybe only be slightly taller then the average human they probably have a thicker bone structure and larger muscles.  They would be lost agile then the Echani, and weaker pound for pound, but they are stronger due to size.  I was interested in seeing what the Iridorian looks like under all that armor.  They are definatly a human sub-group, and seemingly better warriors then the Mandalorians and Echani.

Thats because they sound like f%&*%g psycho's, if they were more organised they would put foot to the whole galaxies ass!! :ph34r:

Where your proof?

Common sense, any soldier who doesn't know the difference between friend and foe in the battlefield can't be part of an army.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Thats because they sound like f%&*%g psycho's, if they were more organised they would put foot to the whole galaxies ass!! :ph34r:

True, but they're to feral to do that.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Where your proof?

Common sense, any soldier who doesn't know the difference between friend and foe in the battlefield can't be part of an army.

Once again, where is your proof?

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Where your proof?

We're playing that game aren't we? Now where's your proof then? ;)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Where your proof?

I need proof to ask u where ur proof is???

So your basing your opinion on one mercenary, maybe the other iridorian's are more oganised.

So, one more time. Where is your proof? And if u avoid the question 1 more time we will have to assume you have no proof, therefore your opinion is forfeit.

Now we can all tell the difference between a Wookie and a Rodian and Bith (If you don't then what are you doing looking at a Star Wars game forum? ;) )

But if you walk into a cantina how can you tell the difference between Humans, Mandalorians, Echanni, Naboo and corellians (and possibly others)?

They all look the same, ie they are all played by Human actors with no make up (as far as we know at least  :blink: )

So in the Star Wars universe if say in a bar fight someone tries to intimidate you by saying they are Mandalorian how would you know they really were?

What if you wanted to fight some weakling Naboo but ended up picking a fight with some hard nut Echanni warrior?

In the cantina on Mannan the Iridorian mercenary says "I'm not for hire, you might try the Mandalorian or the Echanni",  How can it tell what species they are? It could have been 2 Mandalorians, or 2 Echanni, or even 2 Humans.

Just think how confusing the Mandalore wars must have been, both sides could have sent spies into the others camps and noone could tell the difference.

Makes you think.......we could have aliens amoung us :ph34r:

Just like at ww2 when we were fighting the germans we go confused and we inded up losing the war

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Where your proof?

So your basing your opinion on one mercenary, maybe the other iridorian's are more oganised.

So, one more time. Where is your proof? And if u avoid the question 1 more time we will have to assume you have no proof, therefore your opinion is forfeit.

My opinion is as much as forfeit as yours since you haven't shown any proof of Iridonians being excellent and warriors with discipline in the battlefield nor being organized as a major army in the Star Wars universe.

I never stated my opinion as a fact. After hearing the Iridorian booming about 'his' people justifying murder if the victim is unable to defend himself, and hearing a mandalorian mercanary calling them 'brutal savages' that kill each other in heat of the battle. These are warningsigns that should be enough in order to invalidate the Iridorians being capable of having big, organized armies.

But you're still free to believe otherwise ;)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Where your proof?

We're playing that game aren't we? Now where's your proof then? :p

My opinion is as much as forfeit as yours since you haven't shown any proof of Iridonians being excellent and warriors with discipline in the battlefield nor being organized as a major army in the Star Wars universe.

I never stated my opinion as a fact. After hearing the Iridorian booming about 'his' people justifying murder if the victim is unable to defend himself, and hearing a mandalorian mercanary calling them 'brutal savages' that kill each other in heat of the battle. These are warningsigns that should be enough in order to invalidate the Iridorians being capable of having big, organized armies.

But you're still free to believe otherwise -_-

I don't need any proof as i dont have an opinion on the iridorians. You just stated ur oringinal opinion strongly, so i wanted to know where ur proof is? So u said that ur proof is info from the game and thats fine but little is known about this species. It is possible that the rest of the species is different to the ones that are mercs. That is all i'm suggesting but there is not info on them outside of K1 that i know of.

So thank you for finally answering my question. I hope your are/were not like that at school, having to be asked each question 3 times before u answer must have pissed off ur teachers. post-1139-1093771510.gif post-1139-1093771549.gif

His proof is fairly evident by asking the opinions of the Mandalorian in the mannaan cantina. He isn't refering to that single Iridorian as bloodthirsty and crazy, though I'm sure the Iridorian is. He is making a racial generalization of all Iridorians. The generalization is supported by the attitute of the Iridorian when you ask him questions.

QUOTE(Charles Vrike @ Aug 30 2004, 06:27 AM)

QUOTE(Craigboy2 @ Aug 28 2004, 03:44 PM)

Just like at ww2 when we were fighting the germans we go confused and we inded up losing the war

what when did we lose WWII. when was this.

I think Craigboy is French