Did someone notice that The Long Pain skill  give you weapon with 15 - 20 base damage ? If this by design ? Why this weapon has 2 more min damage than any one-handed weapon ? 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

The long pain fists deal a little more damage than normal fists, but have slow recovery instead of fast, so overall it’s a damage loss compared to normal fists. But you can probably do stuff like pair it with driving flight for overall strong effects. I haven’t tested it, though.

Monk fists had better do more damage than any normal one-handed weapon, but I think they exceed normal weapons by a little too much, now. Fists deal 37.5 percent more than a club, have an innate 2 accuracy, compared to a clubs 5, but also get a slight damage boost (5 or 10 percent, I forget) and innately have one higher penetration. It’s almost impossible for normal weapons with damage focused enchants to keep up, though obviously some weapons are better on specific builds. I think fists should deal about 30% more damage or lose their innate penetration, accuracy and damage bonuses.

The long pain fists deal a little more damage than normal fists, but have slow recovery instead of fast, so overall it’s a damage loss compared to normal fists. But you can probably do stuff like pair it with driving flight for overall strong effects. I haven’t tested it, though.

Monk fists had better do more damage than any normal one-handed weapon, but I think they exceed normal weapons by a little too much, now. Fists deal 37.5 percent more than a club, have an innate 2 accuracy, compared to a clubs 5, but also get a slight damage boost (5 or 10 percent, I forget) and innately have one higher penetration. It’s almost impossible for normal weapons with damage focused enchants to keep up, though obviously some weapons are better on specific builds. I think fists should deal about 30% more damage or lose their innate penetration, accuracy and damage bonuses.

Yeah, but what bother me more is their scaling with PL :D This is already 5M range DW weapon but pure monk will also get +95% DM ? and +7 to pen ? I don't fun of big numbers, but I want to see same scaling and base damage on Druid claws for example 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Long Pain is the ranged equivalent of monk fists. They replace your weapons/fist like any other summoned weapon. That means it works with Driving Flight and Marksman and other ranged abilities and items - but not with melee-only stuff like Force of Anguish etc.

Instruments of Pain is different: it just gives your melee weapons +500% range. Nothing gets replaced as far as I can tell. They are still considered melee weapons though - just with a veeery long reach. That means that all melee abilities will work - but not ranged-only ones. So no Driving Flight (at least last time I tested pre 1.2).

For some reason Transcendent Suffering sales with Power Level while the other "natural" or summoned weapons like claws, Fearsome Brute's fists and so on scale with class level. I have no idea why.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods