Best Mod for removing level cap for Multi-class and will it work with (2.00 Patch)?

I am going to start my new play through and do an all multi-class party. I think know would be a good time to do this and use a mod for the Level cap remover due to the new content with the upcoming expansion.

Can anyone recommend the best  Mod for removing the level cap so multi-class characters can get level 8 and 9 abilities? Also are mods compatible with all patches or do they cease to work and become redundant when new patches are released eg the upcoming 2.00 patch this Thursday?

Edited by Teclis23

I am going to start my new play through and do an all multi-class party. I think know would be a goof time to do this and use a mod for the Level cap remover due to the new content with the upcoming expansion.

Can anyone recommend the best  Mod for removing the level cap so multi-class characters can get level 8 and 9 abilities? Also are mods compatible with all patches or do they cease to work and become redundant when new patches are released eg the upcoming 2.00 patch this Thursday?

The most of the mods will need a fix before properly work on 2.0, likely also the ones about level cap and difficulties.

So or you wait 2.0 or you stay on 1.2.2  and don't update until  you finish your playtrough.

Also bring in mind that the most of the changes that  a patch does  aren't retroactive so likely you will need to restart a new run to see all the new features

Edited by kilay

May i please respectfully request that someone makes a mod that removes the level cap so multis can gain higher levels that works with patch 2.00

Patch 2.00 is in BETA now so maybe it can be made now?

Thankyou

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/175

About the UI error (outdated version) when the 2.0 will be released i will update the mod on nexus to show the proper version

in the meanwhile if you are using the beta you can replace the manifest.json in the mod's folder with this one

https://mega.nz/#!n4RCGYTC!CP3X3k_1a0m38n28E26IbSYjkIjU_G8LimHdRQt47rk

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

May i please respectfully request that someone makes a mod that removes the level cap so multis can gain higher levels that works with patch 2.00

Patch 2.00 is in BETA now so maybe it can be made now?

Thankyou

About the UI error (outdated version) when the 2.0 will be released i will update the mod on nexus to show the proper version

in the meanwhile if you are using the beta you can replace the manifest.json in the mod's folder with this one

https://mega.nz/#!n4RCGYTC!CP3X3k_1a0m38n28E26IbSYjkIjU_G8LimHdRQt47rk

How do i make this work?

I downloaded the zip file then what?

Pretty complicated hey i dont know how code works at all

thanks alot for the mod BTW

Edited by Teclis23

How do i make this work?

I downloaded the zip file then what?

Pretty complicated hey i dont know how code works at all

thanks alot for the mod BTW

Check video on first page of this thread

Edited by kilay

Hey I got it to work!!!! woo hoo !

So i did excatly like you said. I downloaded the mod and put it in the override folder then I subsituted the manifest.json with the one you said to because I am in Patch beta.

So what will happen now if i use this mod in the beta patch ? When the full patch 2.00 comes out of beta and is released will it still be playable? Or will I have to make any changes to make it playable?

OR Would i be better of just waiting untill the patch comes out of BETA and then use this Mod? Thats ok i can do that its only a couple of days away. 

Edited by Teclis23
  • Like 1

This mod doesn't increase the level cap, it makes the multi class progression same as the single class.

This was the request of the original post and the name of the mod is Multiclass Level Cap Unlocked

Edited by kilay

Hey I got it to work!!!! woo hoo !

So i did excatly like you said. I downloaded the mod and put it in the override folder then I subsituted the manifest.json with the one you said to because I am in Patch beta.

So what will happen now if i use this mod in the beta patch ? When the full patch 2.00 comes out of beta and is released will it still be playable? Or will I have to make any changes to make it playable?

OR Would i be better of just waiting untill the patch comes out of BETA and then use this Mod? Thats ok i can do that its only a couple of days away. 

Not sure , we have to wait the 2.0 to know better. In any case should be a really quick fix to do.

But read also that, just to be aware.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/104237-does-deleting-a-mod-mess-up-your-save-file/

Edited by kilay

This mod doesn't increase the level cap, it makes the multi class progression same as the single class.

This was the request of the original post and the name of the mod is Multiclass Level Cap Unlocked

Hey bro nah  i meant a mod for multiclass characters for being able to go above level 7. So when they hit the level cap they can continue to gain levels normally as if there was no level cap.

Thanks for the help though but can i get one like this

Hey bro nah  i meant a mod for multiclass characters for being able to go above level 7. So when they hit the level cap they can continue to gain levels normally as if there was no level cap.

I dont know, maybe i've misunderstood,  but have you seen this screen (from the mod page)?

How you can see i'm at level 19 and I can choose the abilities  of 8th and 9th tier (no greyed out) with pallegina (multiclass) . Is not this what you requested?

The locks are just an UI glitch and they don't close the availability of 8th & 9th tier abilities

Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh

Edited by kilay

Here's a simple mod made by myself allowing to go up to lv30. (works with the latest beta patch)

https://hotupload.eu/1L6o

Just put it in the Deadfire directory in:

\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\Override\exported\design\gamedata

If you want to remove it juste delete it.

PS. Of course, if you play single class you won't get new abilities, but for multis you gain access to PL8-9.

• Like 2

I've understood my fault and i did another version with a different progression table (not unlocked levels over the 20th)

tabella.png

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

Here's a simple mod made by myself allowing to go up to lv30. (works with the latest beta patch)

PS. Of course, if you play single class you won't get new abilities, but for multis you gain access to PL8-9.

thanks kaylon

and you havent altered the rate at which you gain experience? So I will just level up the same as a mulitclass and there will be no level cap so i can get level 8 and 9 abilities?

Edited by Teclis23

I've understood my fault and i did another version with a different progression table (not unlocked levels over the 20th)

tabella.png

thanks kilay

• Like 1

thanks kaylon

and you havent altered the rate at which you gain experience? So I will just level up the same as a mulitclass and there will be no level cap so i can get level 8 and 9 abilities?

Nothing changes before lv20 - you will just continue to level normally until lv30 (if you have enough xp)

• Like 1