This is getting really frustrating - maybe I just don't understand how it works. Is is not possible to override the AI to issue a single order when it's turned on?

This is most frustrating at the start of an encounter when I pause the game and go through and assign orders to each party member and find that once I unpause almost every order is apparently countermanded by the AI and almost nothing I had assigned was done.

Is this expected AI behavior? Is it necessary to disable AI to assign an order and re-enable it after the orders have been carried out?

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

What I love is when I manually activate a barbarian's frenzy only for the AI to use it again while already under its effect.

I don't know how many times I've manually activated the athletics heal only to have the AI override it leading to the characters death.

Edited by Vitalis

I've never had the AI override my commands.

What I love is when I manually activate a barbarian's frenzy only for the AI to use it again while already under its effect.

I don't know how many times I've manually activated the athletics heal only to have the AI override it leading to the characters death.

You can setup the Frenzy with a condition to check for might or constitution inspiration. That should stop it from using it if you manually activate it.