Dev Stream on Thursday 7/12/18 at 11 AM PDT with Alex Scokel!

people complained that PoE1 wasn't railroady enough, so this is what you get

Without getting too deeply into spoilers, I actually think Deadfire is FAR less railroady than PoE I.   Once one gets past the initial area, the "critical path" can be ignored for something like 80% of the actual game.  If not more.

In fact, I might go as far as to say that Deadfire isn't railroady at all. Considering how easy it is to do things "out of order", perhaps just the opposite of railroady.

• Like 2

Just a side note, but thank you for taking the time to answer some of the other questions even after the stream! It's much appreciated.

No worries!

Unfortuanatly no new info about the wheel, what was before the creation of gods and what happens after Eothas smashes it.

Reincarnation existed prior to the gods. It was a natural process. The Engwithans made a device to manage that process. Eothas smashed it.

The smashing of the device does NOT however, necessarily result in the natural process resuming as it did previously.

For example (and it's only an example - not a direct allegory for how the Wheel functions), let's say someone dams a river, creating a lake, but regulates that lake by allowing some of the water through the dam (for, say, hydroelectric power). Someone breaking the machinery that allows that regulation would not undam the river.

Hmmm, an unregulated flow of lots of soul energy.

This might be an interesting setup for PoE3.

Warning, the following text may contain traces of irony ;)

Lets see what strange plot device they use to give you a new lv1 char:

Being present when Eothas smashed the wheel, the outburst of soul energy drained all your power and transported you to another continent.

There you will face a vallian who will use this chaos to turn himself into a super god who wants to rule over everything (kith, old gods, whatever ) and form the world into some kind of twisted hell. You have to form an alliance between all gods and all kith tribes to stop that evil.

Of course there is also an alien invasion and you have to deal with your PTSD because your lover from PoE2 dies at the beginning of the game ( the only relevant choice that will be imported).

This dlc seems like a perfect opportunity to convert Ydwin into a full companion. However, I highly doubt Obsidian will ever take this opportunity since they can't get their priorities straight on their companion builds. Hell most of the sidekicks (Rekke, Ydwin, and Konstanten) are more interesting than almost all of the core companions. I really wish the sidekicks had more spotlight. How did Obsidian manage to mess that up???

This dlc seems like a perfect opportunity to convert Ydwin into a full companion. However, I highly doubt Obsidian will ever take this opportunity since they can't get their priorities straight on their companion builds. Hell most of the sidekicks (Rekke, Ydwin, and Konstanten) are more interesting than almost all of the core companions. I really wish the sidekicks had more spotlight. How did Obsidian manage to mess that up???

OaNow0K.jpg

Why Josh, I don't understand. :banghead: 

I like Eder and Serafen, But their personal quest is shallow.

Edited by misterjimmy
  • Like 1

I loved the game, but the ending felt rushed and looks like some explanations were cut off. i'm not sure but Alex explanation wasnt in the game, right? I assumed that, but we could get some really good Eothas monologue from that.

PoE2 mechanics and exploration made it a better game than PoE1, but the narrative from PoE1 was far superior. I remeber perfectly facing Thaos in Sun and Shadow, and i just played once. The way he talks to us and his dialogue with our companions was chilling and memorable. Facing Eothas in Ukaizo is not memorable at all, in fact the encounter at Ashen Maw makes is just so much better.

Also expected longer companion sidequests, at least for Eder, Aloth or Pallegina. But anyway, still my favorite CRPG along POE1. Cant wait for dlcs and PoE3.

• Like 2