In the ending when Eothas destroy's the wheel, it talks about seeing massive skeletons, with three empty places. We know Abadyon's body was destroyed in the White March. What other Gods lost their body or laid it to rest else where? Do we have any clue?

I’m guessing one was Woedica’s (burned). Gave up trying to figure out who the third belonged to. I’m guessing it was a detail dropped to be resolved in part 3.

Another question worth pondering: why were they there? The guardian made it sound like something they did toward the end of their relationship with the Huana. Why turn around leave them there?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Actually, I'm not sure they are the bodies of the gods, at least not the current gods. I recall that the gods' identities did not coalesce until later centuries, as they adopted the personas from myths and legends, translating the Engwithan ideals into actual personalities.

You should be sure. For one, the Engwithans animanced things up so hard they could determine there were no real gods, just the Wheel (which they also took the liberty to alter). That's why they created their own. For two, Woedica is acting all pissy about the gods' decision to give up their mortal physical bodies, because they could have punched Eothas if they still had them.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

You should be sure. For one, the Engwithans animanced things up so hard they could determine there were no real gods, just the Wheel (which they also took the liberty to alter). That's why they created their own. For two, Woedica is acting all pissy about the gods' decision to give up their mortal physical bodies, because they could have punched Eothas if they still had them.

You're correct, you reminded me of what the guardian says and the mention of the Engwithans fashioning bodies for themselves.

• Like 1

Thank you for the clarification! That line mystified me, so I guess my brain blocked it out.

The third could be Eothas. His whole story in the first game was him dying. But I don't remember Waidwen being gargantuan so I'm not sure why Eothas dying would make the skeleton disappear.

Edit : Unless he gave up whatever that form as a sacrifice to achieve something or because he thought it was unethical somehow.

Edited by Tick

I had mentally switched those numbers, thinking there were only 3 skeletons and that the Engwithans had some sort of giants living among them, like old gods in the same way Nemnok was a "god" or something, but rereading it - that's pretty interesting. 3 Gods that I know of being killed/harmed/punished in some form were Eothas, Abydon, and Woedica respectively, so its probably their skeletons missing. Maybe spiritual harm that befalls them still impacts their remains to some extent? I doubt the converse is true.

Edited by Rheios

• 3 weeks later...

There's a giant serpent skeleton in the Temple of Berath in Sacred Stair. Is it possible that not all of the giant bodies the gods inhabited were humanoid?

• Like 5

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."