Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

God's Physical Bodies

ending gods

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Vulcronos

Vulcronos

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Spoiler

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2998 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I’m guessing one was Woedica’s (burned). Gave up trying to figure out who the third belonged to. I’m guessing it was a detail dropped to be resolved in part 3.

Another question worth pondering: why were they there? The guardian made it sound like something they did toward the end of their relationship with the Huana. Why turn around leave them there?

Tick

Tick

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts

Wait, when was this brought up/referenced?  I completed the game, but I'm completely lost here.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2998 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Here you go:

Attached File  20180617203655_1.jpg   165.04KB   0 downloads

• AwesomeOcelot and Tick like this

omgFIREBALLS

omgFIREBALLS

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 855 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

We speculated about this here, check it out.

• AwesomeOcelot and wRAR like this

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Actually, I'm not sure they are the bodies of the gods, at least not the current gods. I recall that the gods' identities did not coalesce until later centuries, as they adopted the personas from myths and legends, translating the Engwithan ideals into actual personalities.

omgFIREBALLS

omgFIREBALLS

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 855 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

You should be sure. For one, the Engwithans animanced things up so hard they could determine there were no real gods, just the Wheel (which they also took the liberty to alter). That's why they created their own. For two, Woedica is acting all pissy about the gods' decision to give up their mortal physical bodies, because they could have punched Eothas if they still had them.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS, 08 July 2018 - 11:13 PM.

• Tick likes this

Grimo88

Grimo88

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Could it be Rymrgand, since having a body would be antithetical to his whole deal?

Tagaziel

Tagaziel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

You should be sure. For one, the Engwithans animanced things up so hard they could determine there were no real gods, just the Wheel (which they also took the liberty to alter). That's why they created their own. For two, Woedica is acting all pissy about the gods' decision to give up their mortal physical bodies, because they could have punched Eothas if they still had them.

You're correct, you reminded me of what the guardian says and the mention of the Engwithans fashioning bodies for themselves.

• omgFIREBALLS likes this

Tick

Tick

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts
Thank you for the clarification! That line mystified me, so I guess my brain blocked it out.

The third could be Eothas. His whole story in the first game was him dying. But I don't remember Waidwen being gargantuan so I'm not sure why Eothas dying would make the skeleton disappear.

Edit : Unless he gave up whatever that form as a sacrifice to achieve something or because he thought it was unethical somehow.

Edited by Tick, 09 July 2018 - 03:50 AM.

Rheios

Rheios

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I had mentally switched those numbers, thinking there were only 3 skeletons and that the Engwithans had some sort of giants living among them, like old gods in the same way Nemnok was a "god" or something, but rereading it - that's pretty interesting. 3 Gods that I know of being killed/harmed/punished in some form were Eothas, Abydon, and Woedica respectively, so its probably their skeletons missing. Maybe spiritual harm that befalls them still impacts their remains to some extent? I doubt the converse is true.

Edited by Rheios, 12 July 2018 - 01:57 PM.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2998 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

There's a giant serpent skeleton in the Temple of Berath in Sacred Stair. Is it possible that not all of the giant bodies the gods inhabited were humanoid?

• Clawdius_Talonious, Tick, AndreaColombo and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ending, gods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users