[1.1.2] Wahaī Pōraga + Instruments of Pain

AndreaColombo

Question

Saved game: LINK

Repro steps:

- Load the attached saved game.

- Select character in slot n. 6 and observe it is a Monk wielding Wahaī Pōraga and possessing the Instruments of Pain ability.

- Use the console to spawn a group (like 3-4) dummies standing close to one another to enter combat.

- As soon as combat starts, use Instruments of Pain to gain range with your attacks with Wahaī Pōraga.

- Attack the dummy at the center from a distance.

- Observe that only the target dummy is affected by the attack. Dummies standing next to it are unaffected even though Wahaī Pōraga has an AoE attack component.

- Pause the game and spawn a dummy right next to the Monk.

- Unpause and attack the same target as before (i.e. the dummy standing at the center of the group you originally spawned.)

- Observe that the dummy standing next to the Monk is hit by Wahaī Pōraga's AoE attack.

Bottom line: Wahaī Pōraga's AoE attack is unaffected by Instruments of Pain and doesn't gain range.

Note:

This might be intended as the weapon's description does specify the AoE is from the caster, but I figured I'd bring it up to confirm.

uPt0rkU.png

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

1 answer to this question