Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[1.1.1 OS X] Game freezes when trying to respec

os x macbook pro 1.1.1 freeze crash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

thelee

thelee

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

On MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017).

I have a level 11 Eder that I'm trying to respec. If I do it on my macbook pro, I get prompted with a "are you sure you want to reset eder to level 1" dialogue, and the moment I click "accept" or whatever, the game hangs and then my mouse cursor beachballs.

If I do the same thing on my PC, I immediately go to the character level up screen after clicking accept.

Dropbox link to save game and output_log from my mac (along with screenshot of my system information): https://www.dropbox....8tqtV51Bma?dl=0

jlee

jlee

QA Tester

• Developers
  • 468 posts

Hi thelee,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a freeze upon attempting to retrain Eder. Thank you for providing your machine specs and log files. They'll be of great use as we investigate your issue. We'd greatly appreciate it if you could also let us know if this issue is only occurring when retraining Eder or if any other companions are affected.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We deeply appreciate your patience and support!

thelee

thelee

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hey, I am unable to repro this issue anymore. I guess quitting the game and relaunching it much later cleared whatever transient issue was occurring.

ITCrow.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: os x, macbook pro, 1.1.1, freeze, crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users