Now I've done this fight before with 3 people on PotD at level 4 and it was a cakewalk. Now I'm trying with Aloth and a different PC and it feels almost impossible. Enemies hit for about 40-50 hp in damage. Aloth gets instagibbed. If I'm unlucky the mage throws a fireball and kills 2 of my guys instantly. I try to charm a guy, it has to be the mage otherwise he will just destroy everyone with 1 or 2 spells. Can't focus him, because the guy with the gun does about 50 damage per hit on my team. The guy with the bow is also annoying. I've tried the approach from the south, but then the mage and gunner get me from range before I can do anything. Did they change something in between to make this fight harder? I don't recall this being impossible at level 4 on PotD.

Edited by AeonsLegend

I dunno. They all have 50+ deflection, 50+ defenses and 70 vs charm. They always hit, they don't miss and my characters hit about 30% of the time. They just overwhelm me. Can't stop the onslaught. Takes too long to take one down. I manage to kill 2 or 3 but by then the charm has run out and I get unlucky and miss a second charm. cipher can't get hits in enough to recharge focus so I have to be sure to get it all right in one go. And that damage lol. Eder has 56 deflection, but he might as well not have any.

Edited by AeonsLegend

Then your MC isn't tanky enough. You need chain mail, the helmet with the dmg reduction buff, the necklace from the well, medium shield+modal, armor potion, healing potions and the 50% heal buff. Hylea's food helps too or captain's banquet. If you have the bonus merchant you can add the +2con belt and the amulet of greater health. After that you go in stealth behind the mage (before they become hostile). At the beginning of the fight you drink the potion and kill the mage first. If you have enough Int then the buff from the helmet will be active almost all the time.

Edited by Kaylon

Maybe this helps you https://youtu.be/3BJJ9wCxcmc, I do this solo on level 7 with scaling enabled. Rise up alchemy, put x2 trap that slow enemies, choose arqubuse as your primary weapon, start combat with  success charming, take best armor against pierce + run near them and make enemies wizard hit your character, create potion of withdraw or some scrolls, put aloth AOE on them, use empower to generate additional focus, charm only range guys

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Maybe this helps you https://youtu.be/3BJJ9wCxcmc, I do this solo on level 7 with scaling enabled. Rise up alchemy, put x2 trap that slow enemies, choose arqubuse as your primary weapon, start combat with  success charming, take best armor against pierce + run near them and make enemies wizard hit your character, create potion of withdraw or some scrolls, put aloth AOE on them, use empower to generate additional focus, charm only range guys

That doesn't help because this guy is higher level than me. Plus I have a party so playing this would be different.

Then your MC isn't tanky enough. You need chain mail, the helmet with the dmg reduction buff, the necklace from the well, medium shield+modal, armor potion, healing potions and the 50% heal buff. Hylea's food helps too or captain's banquet. If you have the bonus merchant you can add the +2con belt and the amulet of greater health. After that you go in stealth behind the mage (before they become hostile). At the beginning of the fight you drink the potion and kill the mage first. If you have enough Int then the buff from the helmet will be active almost all the time.

I have all that and more. MC gets 2-3 shot. Eder takes a bit longer, maybe 4 hits. If a character gets focussed by all 7 its game over pretty quickly.

Yeah, going in there with a level 7 dude or anybody packed up on various Blessings is a totally different ball game.

It's eminently possible with a regular level 4 party or whatnot, though. Just treat it like a puzzle.

If Aloth is getting instakilled & Eder very quickly too, well, clearly walking in boldly into the midst of ~7 powerful enemies is not going to work well. Can you sneak up on them and take one or two out quickly? Can you use sparkcrackers to lure some of them around a corner and pick a fight (or use sparks to lure them together then start combat with a grenade)? Can you blow up their most damaging enemies (rogues, wizards) ASAP?

What's the differences in capability between your previous party & current one, anyway?

• Like 1

Bizarre. I've been 2 manning that fight many times with potd upscaled with just MC and Eder. Done it with from the top of my head with kindwayfarer/streetfighter, streetfighter/ascendant, nalpazca/devoted, devoted/assassin, streetfighter/wizard. The last one was tough, had to use the corner of the building to make the offscreen archer stop whacking me. Food up, potion up, drug up, throw a bomb. Eder has whiteleaf on him. Fight on the balcony where the mage is at. You can stealth there. Or get close enough, save/load, they do nothing till you talk to one of them. That way your only real annoyance is that archer guy offscreen plonking you. Mage can be bruteforced down fast, then arquebus guy. Rest are much less of a problem. Eder should have medium shield modal up and if done right he will tank the melee at the foot of stairs.

Yeah, going in there with a level 7 dude or anybody packed up on various Blessings is a totally different ball game.

It's eminently possible with a regular level 4 party or whatnot, though. Just treat it like a puzzle.

If Aloth is getting instakilled & Eder very quickly too, well, clearly walking in boldly into the midst of ~7 powerful enemies is not going to work well. Can you sneak up on them and take one or two out quickly? Can you use sparkcrackers to lure some of them around a corner and pick a fight (or use sparks to lure them together then start combat with a grenade)? Can you blow up their most damaging enemies (rogues, wizards) ASAP?

What's the differences in capability between your previous party & current one, anyway?

I'm sure you never try to do this street solo on L7 without gear on  PotD upscaled :D

And with Ghost Heart / Ascendant + Elder + Aloth L4 you can do that fight much faster that I do solo on L7 (without group splitting)

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

My main PC was a Battlemage and had all sorts of buffs to make himself near invulnerable. In that fight only Xoti went down and Eder and my PC lived. I did it in one go and even though I had to use a lot to get through it I didn't feel it was hard at all.

I ended up not doing the fight and just talk to the guy a little bit further in to resolve the situation. My PC now is very squishy, Soulblade/Assassin. But I don't have invis yet to make it work.

I'm sure you never try to do this street solo on L7 without gear on  PotD upscaled :D

And with Ghost Heart / Ascendant + Elder + Aloth L4 you can do that fight much faster that I do solo on L7 (without group splitting)

No, I did it level 4 POTD upscaled solo without blessings. So? That doesn't help the OP, because that's a different situation.