Bug in Palace scene after completing Magran's Teeth

gr8fuldave

Question

In my current game, after waking up in the Palace and choosing one reply the scene halts.  Aeldys and the pirates won't walk into the room from their spot by the door and no-one but the Queen will talk to me.  The Queen will offer me the Powderhouse Bomb quest, but I don't think the main Ukaizo (sp?) quest appeared in my list.  I blew up the powderhouse and went back to the throne room - everyone was still there (except maybe Aeldys) from the former scene and the VTC director had some dialogue from the scene that halted, but then the post-powderhouse scene ensued, with the prisoner by the throne. For fun I admitted that I set the bomb and so had to kill everyone.  Atsura and the VTC director were still there after the fight and Atsura talked to me about Crookspur, and then kept reminding me to talk to the hazanui, who was laying dead at his feet. Later I got the letter from Furrante and I got the quest to sneak into Fort Deadlight but i am guessing the main quest-line is broken for me in this game. 

PS I reloaded the initial scene from the Autosave and also replayed from the conversation with Eothas and the same thing happened.

PPS This is about version 1.02 - I only just realized there was a version 1.1, for some reason I never saw a notification of this in the "news" window 

Edited by gr8fuldave

3 answers to this question

One of my characters is suffering from this and several other bugs:

Bug #1: This happens after completing the critical path quest in Magran’s Teeth and waking up in the Palace. After choosing one reply the scene halts. Aeldys and the pirates won't walk into the room from their spot by the door and no-one but the Queen and Atsura (he’s there because the Hazanui went kablooey) will talk to me. The Queen will offer me the Powderhouse Bomb quest, but the main Ukaizo quest does not appear on my list. I have replayed this from an earlier save at Magran’s Teeth just before speaking with Eothas and the outcome is always the same, the cutscene does not trigger.  

Bug#2: This has been reported in another thread as ‘replaying maps’. What happened is that areas that I had explored were covered (both map and in game) and gave me EXP like if I was exploring them for the first time. This includes contents of containers resetting so I could loot them twice, as well as enemies, like Lord Admiral Imp and Torkar appearing on the maps anew even if they had been killed before. The Fort Deadlight reset was very strange because Mirke respawned along with everyone else, even if she was in my active party, so I could now take my sidekick Mirke to meet her identical twin.

Bug#3: At some point, I discovered that I could not change my party members at the inn, even if I had recruited and used them earlier in the game. At the inn, I can "recruit" and press "accept" but when that's done they just don't get added to the party like the ones I was using. I had three companions on the reserve at the time when I discovered the bug, Maia Rua, Xoti and Tekehu, and they have all been affected by this bug. I managed to find a Tekehu twin hanging out at the Watershaper’s Guild and I recruited him anew, and I could then add him to the party again, but his level had reset to 4 and he lost all the gear he had been using before. I haven’t been able to track down the twins of Xoti and Maia, so I am locked out from using them.