Anyone know if this is a bug or intended? Did I miss a patch note? It's quite clear to me that this is happening. I have five multilclassed paladins. The Watcher and one more are Shieldbearers. The others are Bleak Walkers. They all have Deep Faith, FWIW.

Watcher: +14.1

Other Shieldbearer: +14.1

Bleak Walkers: +11

This is with 2 honest, 2 diplomatic, 0 cruel, 0 aggressive, 2 benevolent. I wanted the Bleak Walkers for their ability to sicken, but these paladin orders don't get along at all :/

Edit: This is in beta but every time I've checked on live my paladins have always had the same bonus when playing the same order.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Already tested by me.

Yes, It is disposition based of your Main Character.

So !...

Ideally if you want max bonus for all = same order for all, relative to you main character dispositions. (even if himself is not a paladin)

If not you must conceed few points of defense.

The biggest problem is truly for bleak walker and kind wayfarer. Impossible to conciliate. If you are globally agressive and cruel :

MC Chanter, and 2 kind wayfarer and 2 bleak walker.

Bleak walker x2 will have hightest defense. 

Kind wayfarer x2 will have low defenses.

It is not relative to the character himself, but always the Main Character.

This is with 2 honest, 2 diplomatic, 0 cruel, 0 aggressive, 2 benevolent.

Benevolent/Diplomatic : Bleak walker hate that.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

With beta you mean the beta branch for patch 1.1?

Yeah. I haven't checked thoroughly on live but it always seemed like Watcher/mercs had the same value and grew at the same times. Never mixed orders before though.

You... you said it would be like in PoE1.

*sniffles*

I TRUSTED YOU, BOEROER-SENPAI! NOW MY EYES ARE OPEN! THE GODS AREN'T REAL!

Benevolent/Diplomatic : Bleak walker hate that.

I know. There's no confusion over the numbers. I didn't include benevolent for no reason - it has no effect on Shieldbearers - I just wanted to demonstrate some effects. ^^

P.S. 1 shady disposition for lying to Arkemyr's imp can go lick rotten koiki fruit.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods

What about the companion paladin? Does your dispositions affect her? What does she favor?

The easiest way to check would be to play a Kind Wayfarer while Pallegina is also one. I don't know what the favored dispositions of her Vailian order are.

My Deadfire mods

• 4 months later...

Anyone know if this is a bug or intended? Did I miss a patch note? It's quite clear to me that this is happening. I have five multilclassed paladins. The Watcher and one more are Shieldbearers. The others are Bleak Walkers. They all have Deep Faith, FWIW.

This is with 2 honest, 2 diplomatic, 0 cruel, 0 aggressive, 2 benevolent. I wanted the Bleak Walkers for their ability to sicken, but these paladin orders don't get along at all :/

Edit: This is in beta but every time I've checked on live my paladins have always had the same bonus when playing the same order.

I am seeing this issue as well after I recruited a Bleak Walker as a test. Watch is Kind Wayfarer and 15; Shieldbearer is around 12; and the Bleak Walker I just recruited is 10.

So your Disposition choices now affect companions as well? If so, then I guess I have to scrap ever playing a Kind Wayfarer together with Bleak Walker! ;(

I am seeing this issue as well after I recruited a Bleak Walker as a test. Watch is Kind Wayfarer and 15; Shieldbearer is around 12; and the Bleak Walker I just recruited is 10.

So your Disposition choices now affect companions as well? If so, then I guess I have to scrap ever playing a Kind Wayfarer together with Bleak Walker! ;(

Yeah, I researched this a while ago (I probably should consolidate all this stuff somewhere so it doesn't disappear on the Nth page of forums).

• Like 1

Yeah, I researched this a while ago (I probably should consolidate all this stuff somewhere so it doesn't disappear on the Nth page of forums).

Thanks. It puts a damper on things. Oh well; Paladins still get +10 to every defense; it's just that they won't get the full +5 with Deep Faith if alignments diverge from the main character. So Deep Faith is a waste unless alignment, well, align.

Really useful to know at this stage, though!