Does anyone know what gives you negative rep in Port Maje? My current character didn't do anything there that imo deserves negative rep, but still got -1 (as well as +4).

I don't think it matters in any way, I'm just curious. He:

• Sorted out Rico's problem by telling Mokeha he would be destitute, so she gave the money back.
  • Got the street thugs to agree to a truce using dilpomacy
  • Threw the guys out of the upstairs room in the inn using diplomacy
  • Gave the govenor the animancer's notes
  • Picked the lock of Rum-Dumb's cell.

I'm pretty sure picking the lock doesn't do it since my other 2 characters also did it, and I also checked the rep after doing it and had no negative pointer.

My last char had +3 (no -), and all I recall him doing differently is

• not giving the research
  • "solving" the Rico problem by pickpocketing Mokeha and then lying to him
  • using bluff to get the people out of the inn (probably)

nvAeseu.png

• Picked the lock of Rum-Dumb's cell.
I

Could be this one.

No one is supposed to know you did it, but you resolve a quest going against VTC/Port maje law system.

But I've done that twice before w/o getting any negative rep.

nvAeseu.png

Is it after the patch? If so they may have decreased positive rep gains and kept the negative ones (or increased/redid), so picking lock on the guy's cell couldn't override all the positive stuff that you did.

OR its bugged.

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Is it after the patch? If so they may have decreased positive rep gains and kept the negative ones (or increased/redid), so picking lock on the guy's cell couldn't override all the positive stuff that you did.

OR its bugged.

Yeah that could be it.

nvAeseu.png

I've seen negative rep (minor) when characters see me opening a container with the steal icon, even without taking anything. I'm not quite sure what conditions it happens under though because as we all know we can pretty much help ourselves to anything and everything not nailed down easily enough :p but occasionally I've gotten lazy and looked into containers without stealthing first, maybe that's what triggers it? Again, it only seems to be specific containers that do this. Maybe it's related to some "value" mechanic of what the items in the container are worth, not sure. Either way this is likely your culprit

• Like 1