Cornett's call - What if I don't want to help Dereo?

I only got into contact with Dereo when the Prince asked me to find out what's going on down in Delver's Row.

I always felt a bit bad doing stuff for Dereo, but you have to help him a bit to get down to the old city without too much violence.

Now that I found the Mosaic he's after, I really don't wanna continue this path! I surely won't help the Pirates to find Ukaizo!

Is there any way to continue the quest differently?

I only got into contact with Dereo when the Prince asked me to find out what's going on down in Delver's Row.

I always felt a bit bad doing stuff for Dereo, but you have to help him a bit to get down to the old city without too much violence.

Now that I found the Mosaic he's after, I really don't wanna continue this path! I surely won't help the Pirates to find Ukaizo!

IIRC. You don't have to do it his way and go through the undercroft. You can go down into the old city through the elevator and just do it on your own, once you get the two shells. But the elevator only stays down there for 12 hours, so you have to hurry (no resting). 

IIRC. You don't have to do it his way and go through the undercroft. You can go down into the old city through the elevator and just do it on your own, once you get the two shells. But the elevator only stays down there for 12 hours, so you have to hurry (no resting). 

But is there a true closure to the quest? As example, can I give the mosaic location to the Huana and tell Dereo that I'm not his pawn?

You seemingly can't offer it to the prince nor the cartographer at the palace. The lady that gives you the quest to fetch something from the mage's home has nothing to say about the mosaic either...

You could do prince quest by just exploring the gap on your own, and finding what is beyond trade stall.

If local thugs start asking question kill them and take their stuff, this is the hero way.

You could fulfit Prince quest by just riding down the lift and seeing whats up.

Unfortunetly i havent found anyone willing help with two cornetts.

It would be cool if quest had alternative ending when we keep cornetts for us, and use them in temple fos some greater loot (or good).

You can't offer it to the prince but you can mention the find. Not to the degree that you finish the quest though. He's like, oh you found something related to Ukaizo? I'll politely say "nice" and we'll talk no further of it. And later on when you find the map, he's all EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UKAIZO! So yeah, shrug.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

• 1 year later...
On 5/28/2018 at 6:05 PM, Tomice said:

Exactly the way i think, I don't want to help those thugs... btw i gone the old city before i met Dereo, by speaking with the NPC close to the lift... I thought i could speak with Takano and get another way to do this quest, but after i read your posts here, i am a bit disappointed...
May be i should have killed Dereo the first time i met him (after he call me)...

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...