Back to School

Darth Reven

I get to begin my first year of high school at Hamilton. Maybe then I can have a better start with some of my teachers . . .

Last Year's Report Card

A (Communication Arts, Honors)

A (Adv. Science, Honors)

A (Social Studies & World History)

A (Advanced Concepts of Algebra)

A (Art)

A (Physical Education)

A (Technology Education)

A (Content Enhancement, Social Studies)

C+ (Career Path Exploration)

The dislike was mutual with that last teacher. I personally thought "Career Path Exploration" was not necessary in eighth grade. Of course, the plus- (or down-) side is that there are only four classes each semester in high school, more lunch time and passing time, and classroom 'arguments' that are called 'debates' to make us feel better.

I get to begin my first year of high school at Hamilton. Maybe then I can have a better start with some of my teachers . . .

Last Year's Report Card

A (Communication Arts, Honors)

A (Adv. Science, Honors)

A (Social Studies & World History)

A (Advanced Concepts of Algebra)

A (Art)

A (Physical Education)

A (Technology Education)

A (Content Enhancement, Social Studies)

C+ (Career Path Exploration)

The dislike was mutual with that last teacher. I personally thought "Career Path Exploration" was not necessary in eighth grade. Of course, the plus- (or down-) side is that there are only four classes each semester in high school, more lunch time and passing time, and classroom 'arguments' that are called 'debates' to make us feel better.

That looks almost like my Grade 7 report card. Except replace Careers with music and repace the C+ with a D-. I sucked at music. <_< Strangely enough on that report, 90% of my marks were 88%. It was wierd seeing 88 for everything.

Grade 8 was much worse. I dropped down about 10-20 points average in most of my subjects. Stayed there through Grade 9 and first semester grade 10. I think I currently hold the record at my school for most zeros on assignments while still passing the course. Out of the 15 or so assignments I had I think 12 zeros and I still passed the course with a 60+ mark.

Second semester of grade 10 was much better, m y average back up in the 70's at 74.8. Ended up with my abysmal math mark (59%) bringing down my other marks. (92, 71 and 77 in Information Technologies, Cdn History and English respectively.) Twas the first time I had EVER had an English mark higher than a Math mark.

or simply laugh at the people who still are in school...

Why? I wish I had a high school schedule again. Five hours a day, home by 3:30. Nothing to laugh at there.

Now a university schedule I don't envy.

Yes you do. You'd envy mine. ;)

My second year of Law starts in October, with no more than 13 hours of class in a week. B)

What he does not mention is that he has about 40+ hours of reading to do a week aswell!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

That looks almost like my Grade 7 report card. Except replace Careers with music and repace the C+ with a D-. I sucked at music. <_< Strangely enough on that report, 90% of my marks were 88%. It was wierd seeing 88 for everything.

Grade 8 was much worse. I dropped down about 10-20 points average in most of my subjects. Stayed there through Grade 9 and first semester grade 10. I think I currently hold the record at my school for most zeros on assignments while still passing the course. Out of the 15 or so assignments I had I think 12 zeros and I still passed the course with a 60+ mark.

Second semester of grade 10 was much better, m y average back up in the 70's at 74.8. Ended up with my abysmal math mark (59%) bringing down my other marks. (92, 71 and 77 in Information Technologies, Cdn History and English respectively.) Twas the first time I had EVER had an English mark higher than a Math mark.

Damn dude why don't you just take a study hall and mabey try doing your F!in

home work. Man if my grades were that bad i would get kicked out.

That looks almost like my Grade 7 report card. Except replace Careers with music and repace the C+ with a D-. I sucked at music. <_<  Strangely enough on that report, 90% of my marks were 88%. It was wierd seeing 88 for everything.

Damn dude why don't you just take a study hall and mabey try doing your F!in

home work. Man if my grades were that bad i would get kicked out.

Strange. I seem to recall alot of people saying similar things. Wonder why. [/sarcasm] :o

I recall numerous people predicting my failure of all 4 course in my first semester of grade 9, when I went into all the exams with sub 50% marks (except for gym) but I did well enough on the exams to bump my marks up 10%+

I had some difficulty adjusting to a half year schedule for classes as opposed to a whole year schedule where you only really have to work from March through June in order to get good marks. Old habit of slacking off til March was hard to break... <_<

Yes you do. You'd envy mine. :)

My second year of Law starts in October, with no more than 13 hours of class in a week. B)

What he does not mention is that he has about 40+ hours of reading to do a week aswell!

Who me?

Hell no.

40+ hours of partying sounds more like it. :p

Must be a pretty weak law course then. I know poeple doing law and they have about 15hrs of classes and about 40 hours of work to do outside of that.

So i do think your place will produce good lawyers!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Dude, there's nothing wrong with my university. The most important people in my country have studied here. It's the freakin mother of all universities over here (granted, that doesn't say much). I can't help it that I only have 13 hours a week. If that's any better, I have 18 the second semester. There's also a bunch of practical excercises that's not included in those hours.

I have exams in July only, which means I start studying in March. Now in March that's still about 6-8 hours a day (classes not included), to warm up. In April and May, 10-12 hours. In July, 14-16 hours a day. Now I don't know about you, but studying 16 f*cking hours a day is pretty much. I could start months earlier so I wouldn't have to do that, but personally I prefer taking the first half of the year off (I do attend most classes) and enjoy that time, rather than studying 8 hours a day all year long. In the end I will have spent just as much time on my studies than your friends do. I just prefer it this way.

And besides, this is only my second year (out of five). The hardest times are yet to come.

Grade 9 and first semester grade 10. I think I currently hold the record at my school for most zeros on assignments while still passing the course. Out of the 15 or so assignments I had I think 12 zeros and I still passed the course with a 60+ mark.

Man, my school this year so totally rocks. I didn't even go to school more than half the time my first three years, because I hated the teachers, and I hated the students even more. I was always made fun of because I was smarter than everyone else, add in complications in my home environment, and I was one miserable teenager. Now, I'm in independent studies, and I only have one official hour of school a week where the teacher checks my progress. I'm on the path to graduate three months ahead of everyone else, even though I did almost nothing my first three years. Gotta love the California public education system. :)