I've thought of a couple more.

4) The Aedyrians do know about Yezuha, but are keeping it hushed up;

5) Yezuha isn't on Eora, Rekke arrived by SPACESHIP!

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I don't see it. Travel south from the Vailian Republics and you'll get there, where's east here?

I only gathered from this that Naasitaq is directly far south of the Republics. And that Deadfire reaches the equator. So that puts the Eastern Reach more to the north of it.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/File:WorldMap.jpg

Check the good old map above. Traveling south along the Eastern Reach's coast form the VR you eventually hit Naasitaq and Josh confirms this. It is also said that Deadfire is the eastern border of the known world, and it's ridiculously long, so I figured what you can see on my map-ish attempt. Eastern Reach is on the southern hemishere, hence Deadfire has to spread form south of the ER (because Naasitaq's proximity to the south pole) to east from the ER (because it reaches the equator). Plausible?

So? It's as I've said - travel south from the Eastern Reach and you reach Naasitaq, but where does it say anywhere that Deadfire is directly east of the Eastern Reach? Nowhere. Because it's southeast of it. Your map is too cramped that's why you can't fit Deadfire into it properly. I think it's more like the Eastern Reach is Southeast Asia and Deadfire is all those Indo-Micro-Mela-Polynesia islands that span all those miles down south to Australia (but here they go all the way to the south pole) and east into Pacific ocean.

“Josh, hear my prayers! Please shows us a the sacred location of holy Deadfire...”

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

I have just come across a bit of in-game dialogue that describes Rauatai as a "spit of land". That suggests a peninsula to me (probably with some associated islands). Maybe something like Florida? Bay of Rauatai = Gulf of Mexico?

Edited by Fardragon

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!