Hey guys,

So after MUCH deliberation, I've decided to go with a Ravager (Berserker/Helwalker) as a melee DPS character for my PotD playthrough. I wanted to get some opinions on a starting stat spread for a Human. I lifted this from someone who responded to my Marauder thread, so credit goes to them! 

19 Might (8 + 1 from Human)

16 Constitution (6)

12 Dexterity (1 + 1 from Deadfire Background)

10 Perception

10 Intellect

10 Resolve

I have a few questions about this build...

1. How necessary are Perception, Intellect, and Resolve for dialogue checks? I should have no problem, using certain Monk abilities, with getting a respectable Intellect in combat, but I also know that Perception and Intellect, in particular, are necessary for a lot of scripted events/dialogue checks in the early game. Would I be able to get an enjoyable roleplay experience out of a character that's invested so heavily into Might? Is there gear I can get later that will bring those attributes up to snuff? 

I don't mind missing out on some things early on, because I've played through Port Maje something like four or five times already on different characters, so I know enough about what's going on there to not really need all of the additional information that those stat checks would offer. 

2. What weapons should I use? I'm thinking of dual wielding battleaxes, or maybe swords/sabres. 

3. What should I make each companion into? When I play a melee character, I typically make Eder into a Rogue, keep Xoti a Priest, Aloth a Wizard, and I'd probably make Pallegina a Herald. Serafen can stay a Cipher, but I'm not sure about Maia or the last one whose name I forget. The wereshark guy. 

PER, DEX and INT form the vast majority of checks, PER the most from what I've seen.

I'd swap your MIG pool for your DEX pool.

And would "dual-wield" fists, well one fist and one specific buckler that counts as both a weapon and a shield (and works with both weapon and shield and two weapon style).

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

I went with Godlike Nature, and used Fists; the additional Powerlevel raises Transcendant Suffering, which ups your Accuracy, and Damage.  

I had similar Stats (18/15/15/10/10/10) and didn't find the stats to be a drawback.

In combat, with Frenzy, and Swift Flurry at Endgame:

Might 37

Con 23

Dex 22

Per 10

Int 14

Res 14

Unarmed 36-49 Damage, +50% Fire, Interrupt on Hit, Weaken on Crit, 50% Knockdown on Crit, 2 Elemental Copies... all in all stompy.  Speed: 26% Dex, 20% Frenzy.  (20% Swift Flurry speed not showing on tooltip, not certain that its stacking with Fenzy)

Accuracy 100

You'll definitely want a dedicated tank, Palle as Paladin works, as does Eder (I had him as Rog/Fight and that was more than enough, he has my record for Highest Damage hit, and he uses 1h and shield).  Xoti I had as cleric, for more buffing (Make her evil for +Damage lantern), and quicker levelling in that field, you don't need more melee damage.  Had Aloth Wizard, Maia is great range DPS (despite getting her late in game she has my 'record' for Most Crits) although I always forgot about her silly bird.  Serafen I barely bothered with, and the Shark guy makes a decent Druid.

Wear some armor in the beginning part of the game, once you start getting the nice 20% Recovery stuff use that on hard fights, can go with Robes (there aren't really any good ones) if you want.  The 20% recovery is pretty meaningless with how fast you attack (Miscreants Leathers has a +15% speed which almost cancels the 20% slow).

I wasn't on PotD difficulty, so not sure about the Accuracy, but I'd only use weapons if I was having issues hitting without them.  That said there are loads of good ones, by End game your Transcendent Suffering will give you more +Acc than a Legendary does, but you get Legendary quality weapons much earlier than that, so maybe switch to one in the mid levels.  If you don't mind wasting some of the effects (the caster parts) and have Metaphysics skill, Chromastaff is pretty crazy.  Tutolio's Palm, from the Metalsmith in Overlook is nice at low levels if you need some more defence.  Modwyr gives a pile of Action speed, and elimates the Confusion effect.  Gatecrashers are great (2 Might, 50% Knockdown on crit), and Baby Boar gives you Interrupt on Melee hits.

Silly me, forgot to factor in the Resolve from Human. So it'd be 19/16/12/10/10/11. I can see dropping points in resolve and con to get more Dexterity. So 19/15/14/10/10/10. I just hope I won't be missing out on anything too dramatic by not having the RP skills up.

Can someone let me know if/where you can get Perception buffing equipment early on? I know about the cat and the necklace in Gorreci Street, but that's it.