Companion Relationship Bug?

Greensleeve

Question

I think there's a problem in how some topics are flagged in conversations with companions. I think the relationship penalty when disliked topics are raised gets applied to the player rather than to the conversation who raised it. 

The example that made me think this is happening: 

I had Aloth at relationship level 1. I had the conversation where Aloth says he admires how well I'm handling my responsibilities. Aloth had Xoti at relationship level 2. I did the Lantern of Gaun, pushing Xoti towards the light and having her give up her souls to an adra pillar. Specifically, the on in the Engwithan Digsite. 

During the conversation in which Xoti gives up the souls there are a bunch of times she makes "conceited" statements, making Aloth wince and react poorly. None of these statements were made by me (I don't think). 

Yet when I checked the companion relationship now, Aloth and Xoti are still at 2. But me and Aloth are down to 0. I don't really feel this makes sense. 

I've attached a save game from just after the completion of The Lantern of Gaun. 

Still, I don't know if there's actually a problem here, or only me perceiving a problem. I hope this helps regardless. 

Link to save game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0cygft7kw0o3u1/Anuvahl%20%28EngwithanDigsite%29%20%2876c32e71-a7b4-4df2-8244-c66e561454c6%29%20%28760559877%29.savegame?dl=0

• Like 2

1 answer to this question