Any way to hotkey character abilities?

You have to move the mouse and click two-three times to do any ability that requires targeting. That is extremely annoying considering how often you need to do this for five characters. I don't recall PoE I combat to be so tedious, but maybe it was?

Am I missing something painfully 'obvious' here? Is there anyway I can just hotkey the abilities and spells of my characters so I don't have to spend 90% of my combat is pause mode?

I'm getting to the point where I just want to auto attack as much as possible or completely rely on the AI with exception to my main character and perhaps priest.

Edited by JiggleFloyd

Just press the alphabet keys on the ability. If the key is not taken by some other shortcut, it can be used to hotkey abilities.

Could we not find a way to remap Fn keys and 1-9 rather than simply play piano with our keyboard to use abilities.

Just press the alphabet keys on the ability. If the key is not taken by some other shortcut, it can be used to hotkey abilities.

Could we not find a way to remap Fn keys and 1-9 rather than simply play piano with our keyboard to use abilities.

I just map them to QWER and Z. QWER is the go-to buttons these days along with ZXCV. Remove the WASD from map scrolling in the shortcut to enable the slot.

Edited by Zeitzbach
  • Like 1

How do you map an ability to QWER or Z?

Edit: nevermind, just press the key you want to hotkey the ability or spell to as you hover over it. If it's not already assigned it will allow it.

Edited by JiggleFloyd