Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Duel / multiplayer / pvp PoE II: Deadfire

Duel multiplayer Deadfire Character import Character export

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like multiplayer in Deadfire? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Poll title says it all

1. Yes (10 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. No (70 votes [87.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Nail

Nail

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Steam:CapCan1
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I have no interest in this game including PvP, and I think it would be a mistake for developers to include this and devote resources to it.

With multiclassing and 10 classes that is really something like (Sigma) 1-10 or in other words 1+2+3+4 ... +9+10 which is a total of 55 possible class choices (like Paladin/Wizard or Rogue/Barbarian or plain Chanter).

Trying to balance PVP so that all of these class choice possibilities are viable, if played correctly, against every other correctly played combo would be a nightmare. Either it would take enormous time and resources (if done right), or it would lead to a real dumbing down of builds and spell/ability combat mechanics if done the "quick way". Neither way would likely ever work well. And this is not even taking into account character levels, do we want it to also be balanced so that every level 10 build (if played correctly) has an equal chance against every other level 10 build? That would add another whole dimension of complexity.

The only way to do PvP in a game like this would be to ignore class balance and say things like... so what if every Wizard, Druid or Wizard/Druid can always kick every ranger's and rogue's ass with ease, every time? But then, what is the point of PvP? it would really not be much fun for the rangers and rogues, or the Ranger/Rogues, ever.

So that's a very strong No vote from me.

No need to do this at this stage, it's more about extension or a mere possibility.

I see this option more for the endgame, when you've done everything and would like to test your champion vs other try hard people.

For me such games are only good at their hardest achievements, like "The Ultimate", which I could achieve only with wizard.

So I guess wizard is the best vs the game content, but how will wizard class do against others - that's the question we will never know, assumption is the only thing.

Nail

Nail

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Steam:CapCan1
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So, the statistic shows that about 10% are interested in duels / co-op in Pillars game.

Is it enough for developers for possible add-on (paid of course), your thoughts?

Duels are so much better then new NPCs, like Ydwin (for some reasoun I've thought about Edwin first time I've read the info.)

alsey

alsey

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts
I'm way too control freak to play an RPG coop, and if I wanted pvp I'd play counter strike or something.
  • illathid and Abel like this

DrTomT18

DrTomT18

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Steam:dr_tom_t18
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Oh dear gods no.
The last thing we need is an unnecessary multiplayer tack on.
It's a total waste of time a resources.

rheingold

rheingold

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I'd be fine with co op, though the problem is that it takes a substantial amount of resources that could be spent elsewhere.
Pvp, not so much. The classes would have to be designed specifically for that in mind. Would really complicate balancing.

FreeMayk

FreeMayk

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Steam:FreeMayk
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I am also for just co-op. For PvP, not at all. 

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1809 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Duels are so much better then new NPCs, like Ydwin (for some reasoun I've thought about Edwin first time I've read the info.)

And this is where we see the distinction between playstyles. I literally do not give two ****s about duels, co-op, PVP, etc. I would *MUCH* rather have NPC's. MUCH rather.

Like...*SO* much lmao

• Regggler and algroth like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Duel, multiplayer, Deadfire, Character import, Character export

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users