Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 3.04 Beta is Now Live ; Patch Notes Within

update patch live 3.04 beta

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3185 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think spirit-shift itself is already very powerful. Why enhance it?

Mine is a convenience concern, rather than a power concern.

As I mentioned, having those abilities 1/rest makes you instinctively "save" them for the one tough encounter that actually never comes before you rest. In the case of Cat Flurry Attack, it can be easily replaced with Outlander's Frenzy, which is as good if not better (and is 1/encounter); not sure how the Stag's carnage would play out as 1/encounter but it is pretty much the form's perk—without it, there would be no reason to pick Stag and to be honest, if it's only going to be there 1/rest then why pick Stag indeed? Rather roll a Barbarian who has the ability on all the time.

My point being that the increase in convenience would be greater than the increase in power; of course it's fine if you disagree :)

Edited by AndreaColombo, 10 October 2016 - 12:45 PM.

• lameover and Blades of Vanatar like this

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I do agree in principle, but I guess that's why they introduced Gyrd Háewanes Sténes - 20% on hit/crit chance is pretty massive (especially with the scepter's insane accuracy), and you only have to use it as a secondary weapon. Still, I'd be all for changing that level of the weapon and making Druid Spiritshift 1 per encounter in the final few character levels.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3185 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I do agree in principle, but I guess that's why they introduced Gyrd Háewanes Sténes - 20% on hit/crit chance is pretty massive (especially with the scepter's insane accuracy), and you only have to use it as a secondary weapon. Still, I'd be all for changing that level of the weapon and making Druid Spiritshift 1 per encounter in the final few character levels.

You may have misunderstood me. Druid Spiritshift is already 1/encounter; IIRC, the scepter gives you another use in the same encounter.

My request is to make unique abilities that become available once in spiritshift form (e.g. Cat Flurry Attack) 1/encounter too, instead of 1/rest as they are right now. As 1/rest, I mostly ignore them because no encounter seems important enough to warrant "wasting" the only use I've got until I decide to rest, which makes the impact of those abilities virtually nil.

Edited by AndreaColombo, 12 October 2016 - 11:54 AM.

• Jojobobo and kanisatha like this

Jojobobo

Jojobobo

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I certainly have misunderstood you, I have little experience with Druids on the whole. Yes then one per encounter for their shifted abilities definitely sounds like the obvious thing to do, they're situational enough as it is.

• AndreaColombo likes this

Sking

Sking

QA Lead

• Developers
  • 607 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

We've decided to leave Druids how they are.  

I've seen some chatter on the 'Waels Boon' issue. This is by design, here is a quote from our writer "I thought this was an oversight at first, but looking at it again, I think we omitted this on purpose. With the other gods, you have to commit to their plan for how to deal with the souls in order to get their boon. With Wael, the player doesn't have an option to commit to his plan. They just get a new option out of it."

- Sking

• Voodoo, AndreaColombo, Dr <3 and 2 others like this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3185 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Thanks for the feedback, Sking!

Does that mean I get to swap Wael's Boon with a different issue in my list of top 5 bugs I'd like to see fixed in 3.04? ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo, 14 October 2016 - 10:28 AM.

• Blades of Vanatar likes this

YaK

YaK

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Love you guys. Thanks for the support.

limaxophobiacq

limaxophobiacq

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've seen some chatter on the 'Waels Boon' issue. This is by design, here is a quote from our writer "I thought this was an oversight at first, but looking at it again, I think we omitted this on purpose. With the other gods, you have to commit to their plan for how to deal with the souls in order to get their boon. With Wael, the player doesn't have an option to commit to his plan. They just get a new option out of it."

- Sking

That doesn't make any sense. That you don't get an option to commit to it (this: "With Wael, the player doesn't have an option to commit to his plan") is the bug. When I first reported it you even said that there was a bug blocking a dialogue that let you commit to it.

That quote is just saying 'you can't get it because you can't get it'.

If what he means to say is that the option to commit to it was removed on purpose: Why? Becauseit's to late in the game? That doesn't make sense because the option to commit to Skeans plan comes even later and is still in.

Edit: Why do you have to screw my priest of Wael so hard? You already gave her the worst Symbol spell. T__T

Edited by limaxophobiacq, 15 October 2016 - 03:31 PM.

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts
I'd said it before already, I'd appreciate two changes in the deity talents system, one for wael and one for all:
1. it seems that waels talent is right now the worst option. Dazed is a very easily applied effect. Can we maybe see an lesser version of miasma of dull mindedness? It would fit lore wise, and it would make wael much more attractive. Bewildering spectacle would also be an interesting option...
EDIT: another fitting spell would be a lesser wizards double. This, especially together with te wael's eyes robe, would enable the priest to get an very high deflection bonus, making wael am intruiging option for a melee priest.

2. Can we have the deity spells per encounter for high level priests (12 or so...)?
:)

Edited by Ben No.3, 16 October 2016 - 05:16 AM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3185 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
You're confusing boons with high-level deity-specific spells there :)

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts

You're confusing boons with high-level deity-specific spells there :)

No, I'm not... As I recall, the priests boons (but skaen) give access to a low level spell, once per rest. Berath to a lesser corrosive siphon, Magran to a burst of flame and so on. And wael has "only" lesser dazzling lights, which I find somewhat underwhelming. So I'd like to see that spell switched for either a stronger similar spell (bewildering spectacle or miasma) or replace through wizard double (as it enables interesting builds).

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3185 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Boons are gained in Act III in Teir Evron after committing to a god's plan for the souls you'll be freeing after defeating Thaos. They give +1 to an attribute and, IIRC, a bonus to a skill.

Wael's boon would be gained in Act IV in Sun in Shadows where he manifests to you and proposes his plan; however, there is no dialog option to commit to it and therefore gain his boon (which exists in the game's resources and grants +1 INT if memory serves.)

Skaen's boon is also gained in Act IV after defeating Thaos. That you can actually get it despite its being useless because the game is over is a nice touch of reactivity, imo.

Edited by AndreaColombo, 16 October 2016 - 05:06 AM.

• Ben No.3 likes this

Ben No.3

Ben No.3

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts
oops.. you are obviously right... so sorry... that means endless shame i guess ;) ... at some point i just started torefer to the talents as boons i guess :facepalm:

But... Might be interesting anyway [edits original post, Lenin style hoping that this will be forgotten soon ;) ]

Edited by Ben No.3, 16 October 2016 - 05:15 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update, patch, live, 3.04, beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users