Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Pillars Hype Train Tyme

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 12062 posts

That's great Silent Winter! Hope you feel better soon :)

with thanks,

F

• Silent Winter likes this

Seeders

Seeders

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Steam:jrad949

Submission (Competition #1)

Caption:

"In my awakening I had a vision of my past life.   There was a golden eye, and they called me Bond, James Bond.  For some reason I had a gun that only shot paint."

Edited by Seeders, 11 February 2016 - 08:52 AM.

• Barbedbeat likes this

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 12062 posts
Thanks Seeders!

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 12062 posts

Okay that's a wrap ... winners to be announcements to come ... 

Thanks everyone who have shared your creations!

• AndreaColombo, Cyseal and Barbedbeat like this

SamachX

SamachX

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

Does anyone know what time the release is supposed to be up?

I left my party standing in the empty river after the rains in hopes I could solve the mysteries of the white march Before I mosey on over to elmshore...

Kinda kounting the mins to midknight...

Barbedbeat

Barbedbeat

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does anyone know what time the release is supposed to be up?
I left my party standing in the empty river after the rains in hopes I could solve the mysteries of the white march Before I mosey on over to elmshore...

Kinda kounting the mins to midknight...

This thread might help you out ;) https://forums.obsid...e/#entry1775262

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 12062 posts

Announcement en route this weekend ...

• AndreaColombo, Cyseal, Bonte and 1 other like this

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 12062 posts

Be prepared ... the reveal(s) occurs later today ...

• AndreaColombo, Silent Winter, Cyseal and 1 other like this

Fionavar

Fionavar

Community Manager

• Global Moderators
  • 12062 posts

Que Troll & Gnome band ...

And the winners are:

The Pillars Hype Train Tyme : #1 Caption Contest

1) The biggest brains in the community lecture Josh about what constitutes the heart of the IE feel

The Pillars Hype Train Tyme : #2 Fanfic

#2 When Ink Touch the Soul

A book opens, and a book closes. Pages turn. That such a simple thing, leather, ink, paper, and quill, could cause such devastation, hold such... elegance...

You have failed. Is the first sentence that rings your mind.

You are already doomed. It follows.

Your flesh... abandoned. Only The Ink holds you now.... "Another comes..." "We grow" "We feed" echoes across pages, soundless words appearing on paper. You feel your fingers, but they are not there, neither are your arms, your feet, your legs...  your head, thoughts, spins in vacuum, bouncing back and forth in emptiness... probing your memories you find... nothing...?  What were you before? Where did you come from? What am I? All your thoughts, manifested on a single page. Your entire life, encompassed in a single word... "Ink". Nothing else seems to register, except a mechanical and logical force, mathematical aspects... "The Book has you".

The Book?

You have passed the Leather... "Who is that?" you seem to think... and your thoughts swirls, dance and run in circles, and a black dot begins in your mind, it transforms into a line, into fine calligraphy, echoing across the pages once more... "Who is that?".

It is We, the Ink. What you perceive shifts your thoughts turn, searching for... a library of... letters? What has happened?

You opened the Book, like all of Us. The Book? What Book?

The Soul Ink. I... do not understand?

It is ancient animancy from an age long gone. It does not matter. You are being absorbed at this very moment, your blood, your flesh, your mind... your soul... the very essence of "you"... all of it folded into the Page... you are trapped here with Us now. Part of Us. Agent of the Quill...I am... afraid....

... I sense your struggle... let go... this is the end, another Chapter in the Book, a beginning of another you... another Us... come to Us, join Us, and embrace Our Will.... I... I did not wish for this...

.... you still struggle. Let go, for the Ink will not let you go... I... There is no more 'I', 'We', We are the Ink. You will soon understand....

A spike runs through your being, phantom pain electrifying your physical and spiritual silhouette... You are gone. You... have been devoured, and your struggle ends... We are the Ink.

Another Chapter has been written, Master...

The Pillars Hype Train Tyme : #3 Art

post-54186-0-27297200-1455159130.jpg

If each of the winners could please PM me with:
Name, email & mailing address that would be grand :)

Congratulations to you and thanks to everyone who participated. We really are an amazing community!

• Osvir, AndreaColombo, Silent Winter and 3 others like this

why

why

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 305 posts
I wanted to be a good sport and congratulate you, Osvir, ya bastard, but instead I'll just crawl into a little ball and cry. :'{

Seriously, I don't mind you winning, but did you have to do it so well? I can't even complain that I got the shaft.

Osvir

Osvir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3576 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I did ask Karkarov for help reading through it, he also editted and added some words to it too :) credit where it is due.

Did not think I would, was anticipating to read someone else's name but instead "O_O" :p
  • Karkarov, Bonte and why like this

Barbedbeat

Barbedbeat

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yay, congrats, everyone! And Osvir, that prose is absolutely gorgeous. Good job!

• AndreaColombo likes this

Ineth

Ineth

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 637 posts

Will we also get to see the submissions that didn't win?

• Barbedbeat likes this

White-Dragon

White-Dragon

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

This is my first post . 

Pillars of Eternity is a very good and well made Game. I played Baldur's gate when Black Isle first released it and then before BG II came out I preordered the Collector's Edition.

Since then I have bought over 250 RPG games trying to find games that were equal or better than the BG series and many have come close. Pillars has done it, the game is different

but the experience and story depth are as good or even better. To this point I have only made it to level 4 but it has been a challenge playing on its highest challenge settings. 

Pillars of Eternity is hard to put down or should I say turn off. I have purchased all the expansions so far on steam even if I haven't gotten more than 25% of the way through the Original starting game. I really hope That Obsidian can continue to make expansions to Pillars of Eternity for the next 10 years, even when the gaming industry advances I feel Pillars will be around for many many years.

Thanks for the great game & keep the expansions coming 

Arsene Lupin

Arsene Lupin

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Mwulf
  • Steam:Arsene-Lupin
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm a bit bummed that Pillars of Eternity 2 isn't the next game, but the excitement that the next game is another IE-style title AND is coming out this year rectifies that. I just wish Obsidian would clarify explicitly whether or not they have plans to continue Pillars as a franchise. They put so much work into the lore and setting that it'd be a shame never to see it again.

Osvir

Osvir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3576 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

This just arrived :o

​Cheers, and thank you! :D

​Looking forward to LOER and Tyranny!

Attached Files

• Karkarov, AndreaColombo, Cyseal and 1 other like this

Larry

Larry

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I am in the Cilant Lis part of the game I get out of the underground my party is killed I find the gate but when I go through it I can go no farther Is the game locking up or is there something I haven't done that I need to   and how do you make the lock pick tools work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users