Oh, there are many maps. I think there are over 100 different environments in the game.

Ohhhhhhhh, minimaps, :).

I don't follow. I mean, I know what a minimap is, but... are you suggesting there be a minimap in the game that's just a tiny world map, that allows you to fast travel directly from it, purely to circumvent having to view the whole map every time you want to travel?

*blink blink* o_o

Sincere question. You may not be suggesting that.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

He is talking about a minimap, something that would help not opening the world map each time you want to know if you're going the right direction.

Original Sin did it and I have to admit it's pretty useful. It's become a very mainstream UI element and I have to admit I miss it myself whenever I play BG2 etc.

Reference, top right: http://www.thegamersocial.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Divinity-Original-Sin-Combat.png

:decline:

Same. I don't mind them in action-rpg's ala Diablo's I guess, where high-speed dashes through maze like maps are rather the norm if you know what I mean, but I've never felt a need for them in this type of RPG. Plus they clutter up the screen/UI with yet another thingie and I'd rather not have that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

minimap is not needed. map sizes are not that big. And in Real Life there is not minimap either. use your brain

Speak for yourself. Why can't you use your brain and understand some people would like the option of a minimap? But then it must be hard for you to think beyond yourself.

Same. I don't mind them in action-rpg's ala Diablo's I guess, where high-speed dashes through maze like maps are rather the norm if you know what I mean, but I've never felt a need for them in this type of RPG. Plus they clutter up the screen/UI with yet another thingie and I'd rather not have that.

A toggle-able minimap can solve all problems, both for people who'd like one and for people who don't.