Hey Obs: Any word on GOG keys for Wasteland 2?

Yeah, but my point was about actually receiving my key for PoE as soon as it is on GoG.

Again, I wouldn't worry about that. PoE is actually OBs' game, so I'm pretty certain they'll have the backers covered when release day rolls around.

I was actually a bit doubtful that we'd see the GOG keys by Friday, but was hoping. Since we can always choose to activate Wasteland 2 on Steam, I kind of figured getting the GOG keys distributed on release day would end up being low priority for Obsidian. I wish it were otherwise though, as I too wanted to get some tasty Wasteland 2 gaming in this weekend (was actually hoping to get a large chunk of the game played before the new PoE Beta Backer build dropped). Oh well. It's a shame that Steam always seems to take a front seat and other options get shunted aside as an afterthought.

*edit* Spelling

Edited by Ink Blot
  • Like 2

Thanks for the information, but I already checked that. As far as I'm concerned, my 'Oddity Collectors Edition' does not include a Wasteland 2 copy. I think it's a bit stupid given that I got my Wasteland 2 key from PoE at the same money threshold, and that the digital versions of TToN cost much less and also include a wasteland 2 key.

I think it's demented that after I pledged at the $750 tier for TTON plus a bunch of addons I needed to have a conversation with them about why my Wasteland 2 key is not even the regular edition they are selling to everyone else but a completely stripped copy they aren't even selling at retail at all....they even went as far as to take out wallpapers that you can find with a google search.....after quite a few back and forths of them trying to blame GOG and statements of what was promised they eventually told me GOG would make the Digital Deluxe Upgrade bring the sham edition on level with the proper Digital Deluxe but if that's true GOG are sure taking their time.

Sure they didn't promise me extras but damn, the least they could do is ensure I have the regular retail version I can upgrade to the digital deluxe without missing half the content and I'm in the top 1% of their backers.....I call that common courtesy.

Edited by Darth Trethon
  • Like 1

1zq6793.jpg

Yeah, I can feel you both. I wouldn't blame GoG though, as far as my experience goes they always tried to make up for their mistakes as soon as possible. I'd argue it's rather a problem of communication between GoG and inXile, as it was the case when D:OS did not launch properly (although there were also some strange decisions on GoGs part).

• Like 2

Oh boy.....you all are going to be pissed when you see the "Kickstarter Edition" that your GOG code will entitle you to.....

I'm confused, which edition are you talking about? You obviously don't have a key from PoE as they are not released yet, so is this some kind of version from the TToN kickstarter? In particular, how much bloody money do you have to throw at Inxile to have access to a wasteland key? Is buying the physical collectors edition not enough?

I'm a bit sad that I can't play it this weekend. I've spent quite some money on both PoE and TToN, and I can't access wasteland from both sites. I do hope they'll release PoE on time on GoG, because my physical copy surely won't reach me at the release date.

From TTON side go here: https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com 

If your pledge has a copy of wasteland 2 ensure you have your tier/add-on selected under your Account -> Rewards and then you can click on "manage Keys"......but prepare to be disappointed if you care about extras like art, soundtrack, novels/lore, etc. You get the sham edition. Don't expect better edition from PoE Wasteland 2 code.

Only rewards that are missing compared to Digital Classic Edition are sound track, concept art book and wall paper package (that in my understanding are same that you get from game's homepage). Version which you get free with T:ToN and probably with PoE is same that people that backed Wasteland 2 with $15 dollars get. Version that has sound track and art book cost backers $30 (although this included two copies of the game and some KS only portraits) .

Only rewards that are missing compared to Digital Classic Edition are sound track, concept art book and wall paper package (that in my understanding are same that you get from game's homepage). Version which you get free with T:ToN and probably with PoE is same that people that backed Wasteland 2 with $15 dollars get. Version that has sound track and art book cost backers $30 (although this included two copies of the game and some KS only portraits) .

Yeah....except I got the bloody copy as part of a $750 TTON pledge and the soundtrack and artbook are a pretty bloody big deal to me....sure I could buy them separately but I felt like they were abusing my kindness at this point....the least they can do is ensure I have the regular retail version and it's not so much that it's hard to find those wallpapers, it's the fact they went out of their way to remove them from the KS version that adds insult to injury.

Edited by Darth Trethon
  • Like 1

1zq6793.jpg

Yeah....except I got the bloody copy with a $750 as part of a TTON pledge and the soundtrack and artbook are a pretty bloody big deal to me....sure I could buy them separately but I felt like they were abusing my kindness at this point....the least they can do is ensure I have the regular retail version and it's not so much that's it's hard to find those wallpapers, it's the fact they went out of their way to remove them from the KS version that adds insult to injury.

But Wasteland 2's sound track and art book weren't part of TTON's rewards even in $750 tier (which was also tier I backed it), only DRM-free digital copy of the game and digital game manual.

But Wasteland 2's sound track and art book weren't part of TTON's rewards even in $750 tier (which was also tier I backed it), only DRM-free digital copy of the game and digital game manual.

That is true but then why are they part of the regular retail version? Digital Deluxe I understand, but regular? And then going back and actually removing the wallpapers from my crappy KS version after they were initially part of it? And that wasn't really the issue, I was prepared to pay for the digital deluxe upgrade and I did....only to find I don't actually have the digital deluxe....that I'm still missing chunks of content. Arguing technicalities is not the way to keep my loyalty. After they said GOG would fix the issue I pledged $50 more but now I'm losing my patience.

1zq6793.jpg

That is true but then why are they part of the regular retail version? Digital Deluxe I understand, but regular? And then going back and actually removing the wallpapers from my crappy KS version after they were initially part of it? And that wasn't really the issue, I was prepared to pay for the digital deluxe upgrade and I did....only to find I don't actually have the digital deluxe....that I'm still missing chunks of content. Arguing technicalities is not the way to keep my loyalty. After they said GOG would fix the issue I pledged $50 more but now I'm losing my patience.

I think that reason for their problem is that they offered three basic digital tiers during their kickstarter (lowest: game+manual ($15), middle: game+manual+sountrack+art book ($30), highest: (game+manual+soundtrack+artbook+novellas+beta($55)), but then decided to go with two tiers on digital retail market by dropping lowest one that they offered during KS. But now they are facing problem that if they give lowest tier backers lower retail tier, then they would take value off from those that backed in middle value tiers during KS, which is why they have created pseudo retail tier that is offered only for the backers, which causes problems for sellers when it comes to upgrading that version. You are right that it is good for customers/backers to have such problems.

• Like 1

You are right that it is good for customers/backers to have such problems.

I think you're missing a "not" somewhere in there.

That seems to be case. I first wrote it is good customer service to solve such problems before launch, but then decided to use current sentence, but it seems that I forgot edit some parts of the sentence.   :banghead:

• Like 1

Not sure where to ask this (I posted in the Update #83 thread in the Announcement forum, but don't want it to just get lost in the shuffle), but just wondering if you guys have any news on the GOG keys for Wasteland 2 that some pledge tiers have as part of the backer reward?

Hey guys,

We requested a set of keys for Pillars of Eternity backers from GOG.com last week but unfortunately didn't get them before release or on Friday. The moment we get them from GOG.com Obsidian will get them from us and hopefully have them up on the site.

And yes, to be perfectly clear, all "extra copies" are always game-only. Additional copies from WL2 Kickstarter, "copy of Wasteland 2" for Torment and "copy of Wasteland 2" for PoE are all standard, game-only keys.

• Like 2

inXile line producer

Hey guys,

We requested a set of keys for Pillars of Eternity backers from GOG.com last week but unfortunately didn't get them before release or on Friday. The moment we get them from GOG.com Obsidian will get them from us and hopefully have them up on the site.

And yes, to be perfectly clear, all "extra copies" are always game-only. Additional copies from WL2 Kickstarter, "copy of Wasteland 2" for Torment and "copy of Wasteland 2" for PoE are all standard, game-only keys.

Well, it sucks that you guys didn't get the keys on time, but thank you very much for popping in here and giving us this info. Hopefully we'll get the keys early this coming week, then, so I can get into some tasty Wasteland 2 goodness. Thanks again for the info. :)

• Like 1

so inxile told you they forked their problem off on GOG.com and you gave them more money?  i understand that inxile probably paid the extra to upgrade your copy to the standard retail version, but it doesn't always work this way.  they may have just told GOG.com that under contract they have to eat the cost.  (most of the manufacturer's warranties are like this, but i hope that inxile is better than this)

• Like 1

so inxile told you they forked their problem off on GOG.com and you gave them more money?  i understand that inxile probably paid the extra to upgrade your copy to the standard retail version, but it doesn't always work this way.  they may have just told GOG.com that under contract they have to eat the cost.  (most of the manufacturer's warranties are like this, but i hope that inxile is better than this)

Yeah, dumb idea, I thought that "hey, maybe they're decent people after all and they listen".....but so far they haven't fixed anything, not for me at least, another user on GOG said they upgraded his KS edition to the regular retail one but so far GOG hasn't responded to me and it's been days.....we'll see what happens.

1zq6793.jpg

I'm quite confused now that I redeemed my code. As Darth Trethon already said, you only get the game, not the retail version, but wtf is it about the difference in prices?

In the store, we have Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe for ~55€, the retail version for ~40€ and only the game from the PoE reward for... 15€ ?

Mind me, I'm not complaining that my free copy isn't worth more, and I only care about the game anyway, but I'm confused as to which digital goods in the retail version are supposed to be worth 25€.

• Like 1

In the store, we have Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe for ~55€, the retail version for ~40€ and only the game from the PoE reward for... 15€ ?

Are you sure you're not confusing something here?

The only thing I see at 15€ on GOG is an upgrade from the Classic Edition (the 40€ one) to the Deluxe Edition (I don' see it on Steam however). I don't see any 'game-only, no other stuffs' Edition for sale anywhere.

Also, just to be sure I understand things correctly: PoE backers get the special 'game-only, no other stuffs' Edition on GOG, right? Is it the same on Steam?

Are you sure you're not confusing something here?

The only thing I see at 15€ on GOG is an upgrade from the Classic Edition (the 40€ one) to the Deluxe Edition (I don' see it on Steam however). I don't see any 'game-only, no other stuffs' Edition for sale anywhere.

Also, just to be sure I understand things correctly: PoE backers get the special 'game-only, no other stuffs' Edition on GOG, right? Is it the same on Steam?

No, the KS edition of Wateland 2 is not for sale but when you redeem a code you get an email telling you the cost was waved and the cost it shows is $20 which is about 15 euros.

Also yes, game only, shot in the kneecaps version of the game, same on Steam and GOG.

Edited by Darth Trethon
  • Like 2

1zq6793.jpg

don't sell them short, you get the manual and the game.  wouldn't want it said that we were exaggerating the situation.  i never played wastelands 1, so my expectations were based on fallout 1, 2, and tactics.  i'd say the game was worth the $20 buck it was listed for.  if they get around to balancing things to closer reflect the fallout games (the early ones, not 3+) it might be worth more.