Gamers Against Bigotry

I think some of you are missing the undertones in the video, as pointed out in the title card and the comment section.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well.. I assume this is only a problem on public mmo servers, because I am part of a community where all the members make an effort to keep it mature on a friendly level.. Not to ban sexism or anything, but to keep it fun for all and to stop it or moderate once it gets out of control.. And we take care of those that can't figure out how to behave. There are lots of ways to deal with offenders.. Counter-abuse, slapping, crippling, mute, kick or ban. Sometimes it gets out of hand, but the nice and responsible part of being a community is that you can talk about how to deal with people and how to deal with them differently.

I like voice chat, especially when playing with friends and interesting people and it's nice to be in a position where you can deal with people you don't like or you just get tired of the shrieking youth..

I didn't stop playing WoW because it was overrun by kids and teens too young to play.. I didn't really like the thought of being turned into a babysitter, that is really quite rude, but it's not the kids that is really to blame but the stupid parents that let them do it. Putting up with all the ads, spam and bs and so on was pretty annoying too, having to add some plugin to be rid of that was really quite absurd, but it wasn't until Blizzard ruined the game for me that I quit.

I think part of the problem is that MMO's somehow forgot to mature.. The developers forgot to think about adding ways for the players to ensure a friendly atmosphere.. The forgot to include the mature players in the process.. Treating everyone equally only works, when everybody is actually equal.. It must be a little strange for a mmo developer to think that they also have a moral obligation towards players and that players have to commit themselves on a larger scale as well.. Can't keep being anonymous if you want to add more to the game than just playing it.

I also used to play a mud with a few girls, no problems there, but it doesn't really surprise me that there other muds with problems. I tried a few others, that were either too strict or too loose. Finding the right one for you is not an easy task.

Btw, Gamers Against Bigotry sounds pretty bad, imo.. Like some fanatic religious movement.. Somehow it reminds me about something from Dragnet. There was a young girl and a big snake.. Phew. I think I would choose a name that is more sweet and positive towards the end goal than one about what it shouldn't be, because if the name is too sharp and pointy it becomes a spear and end up impaling the wrong people. I just wonder what it is that you want.. Is it Gamers for Sweet Loving Gayness, Heterosexual Straightness and Metrosexual Everydayness or just Game-centric Gaming or something else which isn't really sweet and loving, but just sort of bland, boring and respectable?

(Signatures: disabled) 

Thread closed at the request of the thread starter.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: