Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The fun stuff

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

cronicler

cronicler

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 467 posts
Had a nice little WH40k game last friday. (Personal System, 3d6 control dice) The group consists of a Sororitas (translator order, not militiant branch) attached to an Inquisitor (Amberly Vail), a bodyguard (Ex- Adeptus Arbites Handler) and 2 (Ex) Naval Ratings (1 Pc, 1 Npc) that were acting as chauffeurs for her on an errand.

I gave each player a detailed (and conflicting) background info about the little sector and why they were there at the moment. Every one was expecting a hunt the heretic or xeno scenario. (Classic Dark Heresy scenarios in other words).
About 5 minutes after the game started, their dromon was smashed by an emerging space hulk :p

The group managed to survive a few skirmishes with Orks and a mini-boss battle against an Eldar Wraith and a little time bubble puzzle. Then they met the Kommandos!

The group is moving paralell to the hull of a ship. the ground and other wall is rock. the passage is about 3 or 4 meters wide with celing lost in darkness.
The arbiter (Riot Shield & Combat Shotgun) is in the lead, then comes the Sororitas and the Naval Rating is bringing up the rear.
At this point the Sororitas Sister is carrying real heavy as she donned the "Relics" she was carrying (She is trying to get a suit of an Artificer PowerArmor and a Masterwork Inferno Pistol to her superiors) and she also got her hands on an Imperial Plasma Pistol. She makes a critical success on her Auspex/Perception (4) and detects the 6 Ork Kommandos that are rappeling down onto them. She goes gunslinger on them and fires both her plasma pistol and inferno pistol. After some good rolls (6 and 7) she manages to cook 3 of them and the forth one rolls around with plasma burns.
The remaining 2 drop onto the Arbites and Naval Rating. NR manages to blow his attacker away (4 barrelled sawed-off shotgun) while Arbiter gets a Maul to his head. Unfortunately He makes his dodge roll and avoids death :(

On turn 2 Kommando Nob joins the fun by dropping onto the Sororitas (Who to my disgust makes her str and blance checks and manages to throw the Nob off her :() . After about 4 more turns where my Ork kommandos act like friggin Ninjas out of a Naruto episode (Dodging point blank shotgun blasts, smoke/pepper/flash bombs, Martial Art strikes, ) and beat the crap out of my poor players, they depart back up into the darkness leaving some presents behind. Fortunately the group had enough armor not to die from frags and the kommandos didn't have any Kraks with them :lol:

It was extremely funny to watch them slaughter most of the encounter on the opening moment and get beaten stupid by the sole remaining Kommando. (Unfortunately Nob just stood there and acted like an attack magnet without doing any damage other than blayin who has the harder skull with Sororitas :lol: )

Edited by cronicler, 24 February 2010 - 02:43 PM.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5594 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Singing Mbube just reminded me of a certain time when I got roped into playing an NPC elf knight in Live Action Rolepay.

Our brief was that we would accompany the players trhough the Fey (fairy realm) past a sleeping dragon, chanting a magic chant to keep the dragon asleep while the players protected us from attack. Unfortunately for the gamesmaster chap I'd been listening to the song earlier, and the lyrics for the chant invented themselves. Fortunately my freinds who were also knights live on the same wavelength as me and I merely had to start humming teh tune and they provided the background chant and the occasional whoop or trill. Sadly no-one but us found this as funny as we did.

Run away
Run away
Oh run away
Run away
Run away
Run away
Yes run away
Run away...

In the Fey realm, the quiet fey realm,
The dragon sleeps tonight
Don't slay! Oooooh no.

Run run run away.

Or you'll pay!

No no no no no
Run run run away

Run away
Run away etc

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5552 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The fun stuff : the group of players you're DMing manages to make their boss blow up the bank they should have gone inside undercover after a failed robbery attempt, and Al Qaeda acknowledging the explosion as their doing on the net. :shifty:

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer
Headhunter, about to torture some poor sod for info: "I have a low rank in Torture, do excuse me if I mess up." *slasher smile*

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer
I remembered the very first time I RP'd. I, the fighter had to acquire some item from an inn room while the owner (a dwarf) was sleeping in his bed. A bad roll later we were exchanging blows. Someone heard the commotion and summoned some city guards who interrupted our fight shouting "What's going on here!" Having the wit of a fox I immediately threw my hands up and replied "He attacked me!" The dwarf, rendered speechless from the surprising change of events, was dragged downstairs for questioning, while I slipped out through the window.
I was so proud of myself. ;)

SirPetrakus

SirPetrakus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
My lowbie group wants to convince a mostly evil lowbie group to do some dirty work for them and paying them nearly squat. A series of failed diplomacy checks and our Barbarian is just fed up with it.

Barbarian: Listen up, you little, s#!ts! I'm not giving you a damn penny! Now do as you're told or I will kill you right now!
*intimidate roll 1*

Evil rogue notches an arrow.
*rolls a 20; potential critical*
*rolls a second 20; barbarian gets an arrow stuck in his throat*

Only 1 or 2 party members were left alive before the city guard showed up and saved them.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5594 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

"-Yeah, I'll just pull the damn thing...", said I
"-Wai..!"
"-KREAAAGH!", screeches the taxidermic simian
*as everyone stares empuzzled, I take another pull"
"-HUAAAAAGH!" postulates the head
"-You know, this could be worth something to the right buyer", offers the GM

I didn't get this the first time round. It's fething hilarious now, though.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer
Kobold adventurers

The4th1

The4th1

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
I think this was pretty fun, even if it didn't involve any deaths.

I was playing a custom-race and I was in the middle of an orc trench camp thing. There was a DMPC with me to help me out and I quickly killed the Orcs in this place, though he got captured so I had to rescue him. I found a secret door which led to where most of the orcs were. Now, the alarm was sounded and being a Cleric I had access to create water, I did just that and what happened was all the orcs that came ran face first into the wall. :D

Nightshape

Nightshape

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1851 posts

I'm currently playing one of my favorite character archetypes: the douchebag paladin. Its great. I torture evildoers. It pisses my GM off.

Also, I yell at little old ladies in the street :thumbsup:.

That's pretty much an RP fail.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9696 posts

I'm currently playing one of my favorite character archetypes: the douchebag paladin. Its great. I torture evildoers. It pisses my GM off.

Also, I yell at little old ladies in the street :).

Try grocery shopping on a late Friday aftenoon and you won't need 'Detect Evil' to realise that little old ladies are spawn from hell in disguise...

Nightshape

Nightshape

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1851 posts

Also, I yell at little old ladies in the street :lol:.

Try grocery shopping on a late Friday aftenoon and you won't need 'Detect Evil' to realise that little old ladies are spawn from hell in disguise...

It was more the tourturing of evil doers... Basically doing evil to evil is well evil. Anyways... You're right about the old ladies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users