Hi, wonder what evryone think is the most useful skills for solo?

I understand you need 11(12?) mechanics to open most stuff. A few demand 15 but only 1-2 (who cares?)

There seem to be a few items that gain bonus from religion skill, so thats the only viable passive?

Then it´s alch vs arcana i guess? no real idea here honestly.

• Like 1

For chests i'd say mechanics 8, then use burglar's gloves for stuff that requires 10 and thief's putty for stuff that requires 12/13. Arcana is probably the strongest active skill for solo, having access to scrolls is like having all the spellcaster classes on top of whatever class you already are. As far as defensive stats, I went with history as there is a cloak that gives defensive stats per point invested in history, not sure what the religion item is but I would be curious to see it.

There are a lot of different items that use seemingly random skills for bonus.  Just a couple examples, Xoti's Lantern uses Religion, Arbelest (sp?) in Nekata uses Arcana, Spear in Sayuka uses Stealth, Cignath Mor has one that uses Survival...

Alchemy provides some fairly high bonus' if you want to use drugs, which is a great way to up skills that you only use occasionally, while Arcana gets you access to spells if you feel like sitting around reading scrolls in combat.

There seem to be a few items that gain bonus from religion skill, so thats the only viable passive?

There are other items with scaling bonuses:

- armor with deflection bonus that scales with intimidate

- cloak with fortitude/reflex/will bonus that scales with history

- shield with deflection bonus that scales with athletics and with damage reduction that scales with metaphysics

- ... and many more

But in the current state of the game it is not necessary for soloing to use these bonuses. So I would just take a couple of points in skills that are useful in interactions (athletics, survival, insight, stealth, ...)