Endless Reloading

AttonRand

Question

So at some point of using dual pistols my character forgot how to reload. Since then it doesnt matter what kind of long range weapon he has in his primary(!) hand he constantly reloads it but never shoots (animation starts over without any shots).
Any kind of reloading long range weapon (pistol, blunderbuss, arquebus, crossbow or arbalests) is affected by that bug. Bows of any kind work fine.
If a pistol equiped in pair with some melee weapon (melee in main hand, pistol in off-hand) it works fine.
Equip/unequip, save/load, game restart didn't help. Character cannot use any weapon attack abilities (blinding strike, crippling strike etc.) but he CAN use pistol unique skills (i.e storm rune shot on currently equiped pistol), however after firing he enteres the same endless cycle of reloading, over and over and over again. Out of combat character will try to reload once he stops moving.

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

This just started happening to me too after finding Eccea's Arcane Blaster. I don't know if it's related to that weapon but haven't had any issues with my regular pistol+Scordeo's Trophy combination till I got that gun (90 hrs into the game). I don't know what causes it, reload gets interrupted or something and from that point on it's all reloads. First time it happened to me was when a Lich interrupted my second shot with Terrify.

Issue gets fixed if you load a save from BEFORE it started happening.

• Like 2

This just started happening to me too after finding Eccea's Arcane Blaster. I don't know if it's related to that weapon but haven't had any issues with my regular pistol+Scordeo's Trophy combination till I got that gun (90 hrs into the game). I don't know what causes it, reload gets interrupted or something and from that point on it's all reloads. First time it happened to me was when a Lich interrupted my second shot with Terrify.

Issue gets fixed if you load a save from BEFORE it started happening.

Can confirm this started happening to me after finding Eccea's Arcane Blaster.

THIS BUG IS AWFUL! 

because it cant be cured by anything - character dying, saving/reloading, quitting game, retraining character, changing party - nothing works
i reloaded earlier save, only to realise it is infected too, i just never noticed that :(

please fix this - it is a gamebreaking bug!