Hey guys,

like ma topic shows you I'am seacrhing a viable build for black jacket without starting over and over again a new game.

At the moment I play ranger/chanter but its a little bit boring and i'm just at the beginning. :-/

I think about creating a build that is close to the Overwatch Hero "Ana".

She's a sniper using healer in that game and uses grenades to heal+can shoot a sleeping arrow.

Her playstyle triggert me a lot and I will try to bring that playstyle to this game. Apart from this that in POE2 you can't heal somebody with your bullets or grenades. xD

On POE2 Wiki under the entry for black jacket I saw on the right site under "suggested multiclass" that priest is listed there,too. Sounds cool for my needs but where is there the synergy between black jacket and a priest?

Otherwise I'am happy over every other good ideas to get a cool sniper build that have some kind of versatility can support too a little bit.

I heard black jacket and cipher is really good too because the black jacket can stack the resource from cipher really quick, right?

Thanks a lot. =)

Greetings

Edited by Zargan

At the moment I play ranger/chanter but its a little bit boring and i'm just at the beginning. :-/

Sorry..some aditionally notes that I forgot. To find a good viable build for me its suerly helpful to know why that combo bored me. ^^

Ranger is still okay but I think I can go without the pet. It feels..I don't know..clunky? With the chanter I thought it would be great with that passive songs where one of it reduces aditionally the reload time but it feels like as I had only a singleclass char and the range of the active spells is really short when using a long range weapon. xD

Thanks again!

Blackjack/Paladin goldpact - open with arquebas then switch, you have good heals and utility in addition to dps but no pet

Blackjack/ Assassin - same as above but from stealth, best burst damage

Blackjack/ cipher ascendant - cycle firearms to build focus, use speels when maxed, good overall damage

Blackjack/ Helwalker monk - use the self damaging dual wield scepter ability to generate wounds and a ranged monk build. Not sure this will work but can be a fun and very effective build. - very good damage in addition to possible constant cc

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

Hi again,

I don't like to create a new thread for that question so I like to recycle it. ^^

I've got a hint because I said that I'm a bit bored of my Ranger (Ghost Heart)/Chanter (No subclass) because there is not much to do and the actions for ranger skills are limited, specially for summoning the ghost animal.

He said that I could try the same combo but with Chanter (Troubador). Is it really that much another playstyle with the troubador that it could be worth to start a new game because there is no option to change the classes again?

I'am still nearly at the beginning but when it makes no big difference for the playstyle I dont want to do it.

Thanks again for your help! :-)

Greetings

If you search around the forum there's a decent amount of talk about Black Jacket builds. I think Black Jacket is strictly better than Ranger as a ranged dps, which is a bit of a bummer for ranger. Seems to me ranger is about the pet, not the guns. 

Black Jacket can be multiclassed with a bunch of things. The basic part of the build is just cycling between 8 pistols/blunderbusses. So you can practically take wtv you want as the multiclass. Cycle through your 8 guns, if anything is still alive start using the skills from your other class. 

• Like 1

I think about creating a build that is close to the Overwatch Hero "Ana".

She's a sniper using healer in that game and uses grenades to heal+can shoot a sleeping arrow.

Her playstyle triggert me a lot and I will try to bring that playstyle to this game. Apart from this that in POE2 you can't heal somebody with your bullets or grenades. xD

There is a unique war bow in this game that, I think, will get you very close to this type of character.  I won't spoil it for others that might wander on here but if you are interested, take a look at the unique war bows here (it's the named bow in the upper right corner under "S" https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Category:Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_war_bows

As for Black Jacket gun spam, it's really effective but kind of a one trick pony. If you didn't like ranger because it was clunky, you might not be too enthusiastic about how Black Jackets are typically used.

If that bow doesn't look interesting (or maybe even if it does), you might try a Kind Wayfarer Paladin. Their version of Flames of Devotion heal nearby allies. You can mix paladins with pretty much anything.

Black Jacket does not require a lot of investment. Just pick the ability to get the 4th weapon. You can do whatever you want with the rest of the ability point. It is really flexible.

You might also prefer to keep a melee weapon or a bow as 4th weapon.

An interesting option is to go Black Jacket / Ascendent. You're likely to be ascended after you gun damage spike...

Black jacket/ ascendant has to be the most versatile class in the game. First, you halve good defensive stats for fighter. Second , your rate of start fight damage is huge. Third, the build allows you to utilize all the special abilities of a large assortment of firearm uniques. Fourth- fighters penetrating strike allows for huge damage potential, and since you’re not locked into tanking needs with your fighter points, you can use that ability almost at will.

Notably, all of this is building towards your real damage ability- ascendant state

Spamming firearms— which is the purpose of the class- allows you to proc ascendant state

This means you generally have either 22 seconds of consistent mind blades and disentegration to spam, or at higher levels you can use body attunement and borrow instinct to build yourself Into a tank ( add in the vigorous defense here, preferably with the upgrade since your deflection isn’t shield and weapon high).

And when the free cast state runs out, dual weapons and penetrating strike to build back to it.

Lastly- cipher adds alit of narrative and convo opportunities.

Edited by jones092201