Sign in to follow this  
Yreval

Overgrowth Quest Cannot be Turned In

Question

I finished with Cignath Mor, taking Galawain's advice to shut down all the wards and allow the sea to flood the ruin.  The quest dialog tells me to tell the news to Fleetmaster Okaya in order to finish the quest, but when I approach her she only says "Fight or flee as you like, just stay out of my way!" as an overhead quote and does not open actual dialogue or complete the quest.  To my knowledge i haven't attacked anyone in Sakuya or anything like that.

12 answers to this question

Greetings,

Our apology for any inconvenience the Overgrowth Quest has caused all of you. I've gone ahead and added this issue and the attached logs you where kind enough to provide to our data-base so that or Development team will now investigate.

Cheers.

Was able to get over it by starting the dungeon over again. For my side since I sided with the RDC I made sure not to touch any pylons. On your side I'd suggest not touching any pylons until after you talk with Galawain. But haven't done any repeated tests of this so could be just superstition on my part.

Same issue. I destroyed one pylon, then the fancy device. I wanted to also destroy the other pylons but I was unable to do so, and could not turn in the quest either.

• Like 1

This thread is month and a half old, yet I'm still having described problem. 

I decided to disable machine, killed Kraken, came back to Fleetmaster Okaya but no conversation with her can be started.

-------------------[edit]--------------------

If anyone is looking for solution/workaround - starting the quest again (thankfully I had some save before landing on Sayuka) helped me too. In the run I got the bug I was checking every of three pylons before even going to the main machine. This time, as I wanted to help RDC, I didn't even touch these pylons, just went straight to the main machine and disabled it the moment I was able to. Killed Kraken and this time I was able to proceed with quest by talking with Okaya.

Edited by Aposlaw

Hi psirenny,

I've seen that you also posted a question on a thread for a similar, but not identical, issue with A Matter of Import quest = https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98340-bug-a-matter-of-import-royal-deadfire-chain-showstopper/

Are you having trouble with finishing A Matter of Import or Overgrowth? In case of doubt, you can check in your Journal, in the Quests section.

So I was able to find a fix for this. I went back to the bog with the druids (which I had already cleared), walked through it again, exited, went back to the Fleet Master and I was able to complete the quest.