I have to restart the game and would like to know what you would consider the most interesting stats, class, ability and skill options from a story perspective ? I have enough blessings for skill bonus and stat bonus. Note i'm not looking for combat effectiveness at all (can be a cripple since i have a whole party), but for extra lines, lore and insights. Pretty sure i will play dual class with one part Cipher (has plenty of class checks), and put enough points into Insight and Perception to make the solo checks, but other than that idk yet. Many checks and skills can be supplied by the party, but quite a few are for the main character only...

Paladin, rangers, chanters and priest start with bonus points for diplomacy.

Don't think i will pick my second class based on skillset, i will just put points there on level-up. Second class choice should be based on interesting class-specific dialogue and ability-use in dialogue (e.g. Water/Weather spell to quench fire, healing ability in dialoguer ect.). Paladin has lay on hands but otherwise not much in terms of abilities used in dialogues...

Give all Companions 2 in every skill for max party assist possible.  You could skip Alchemy, Explosives and Stealth if you don't plan on using any of those.  By about level 8 you should be getting +8 to all party assist checks.  Then focus 1 character on Mechanics to over traps.

If you REALLY want to know the answer, all of the dialogue checks have been datamined.

The results are at the link above.  This will let you know the Classes, Abilities and Skills checks with the most frequency. 

Spoilers:

Insight and Diplomacy are used most often.

Most common Class Checks are Cipher, Druid, Priest.

Edited by ntbittle
  • Like 2

Priest of Berath is worth looking into for RP stuff.  Create a template where you set up your PoE1 playthrough as following everything Berath would want ie release souls back to the wheel, pledge, etc..   

Add in Cipher MC for the RP.

Edited by Noctaem
  • Like 1

Give all Companions 2 in every skill for max party assist possible.  You could skip Alchemy, Explosives and Stealth if you don't plan on using any of those.  By about level 8 you should be getting +8 to all party assist checks.  Then focus 1 character on Mechanics to over traps.

If you REALLY want to know the answer, all of the dialogue checks have been datamined.

The results are at the link above.  This will let you know the Classes, Abilities and Skills checks with the most frequency. 

Spoilers:

Insight and Diplomacy are used most often.

Most common Class Checks are Cipher, Druid, Priest.

Thank you very much for the link, this helps a lot (especially max required skill value for no-assist skills)! Shows diplomacy is actually used very rarely for the PC alone (but very often with party assist).

Edited by pstone

Deadfire background is checked quite often.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff