Three new folks to add from the free DLC dropped today:

Haema. 300 gold, two rank cook, Port Maje (Supply Button/Kraken's Eye)

Coreto, 1000 gold, four rank navigator, Crookspur (Merchant)

Ponamu Bird-Scorned, 1000 gold, three rank boatswain/one rank cannoneer, Tikawara (Supply Button)

Still no pure surgeon. :(

• Like 1

Anyone found the new equipment then? I checked most supply interfaces, I checked the Neketaka shipwright directly and the animancers' shop. Nuffin.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Anyone found the new equipment then? I checked most supply interfaces, I checked the Neketaka shipwright directly and the animancers' shop. Nuffin.

They're in Dunnage and Neketaka via the Supply button after  the Captain's Quarters and Menagerie upgrades.  You can also get them by taking to Zamar directly.

Living Steel Anchor:  +10m combat speed, +5% Travel Speed            [18,000 gold]

Magranite Flamethrower: 0-75m, Reload Time 2 turns, 6-9 damage      [3,000 gold]

Blight Lantern: +10% Travel Speed                                                   [8,000 gold]

Lurker Helm and Rudder: +5m Combat Speed                                  [14,000 gold]

Palm Sails: +20m Combat Speed, -7 Sail Health, +20% Travel Speed   [8,500 gold]

I'll edit in the base prices when I load up a game without discounts

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 1

After checking, the Arcane Lantern and Blights Lantern are identical in travel speed bonus and price, so aside from cosmetics not sure what the difference is.  Might be something that comes into play down the line, though.  

The Lurker Helm and Rudder also appears to be identical in specs and price to the Ymyran Steel Helm, FWIW.

The Palm Sails are better than the Stormwind Sails in both combat speed and travel (+20 vs +15 in both categories), but you sacrifice sail health (-7 vs 0).  Matter of playstyle, I suppose.  But for me the Palm Sails would be a no-brainer.

The Living Steel Anchor gives a slightly better combat speed than the Ymyran Steel Anchor one (+10 vs +5).  Since they're the same price, seems like an easy decision to make as to which one to get. ;)

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

Oh, they just didn't appear at all on the save I was using.

My Deadfire mods

Oh, they just didn't appear at all on the save I was using.

Maybe check to see if your DLC is actually installed?  If you're using Steam, it can be a bit finicky. You know you have the DLC properly installed if there is stuff in the PillarsOfEternityII_Data/laxc_exported/design/ folder.  That's where this DLC got installed this time around.

Other than that, don't know what to tell you aside from "games can be buggy at times". ;)

Ain't a download thing. I checked that save again and then loaded a much fresher one (fresher in the sense of when the Watcher was created) and that one worked fine.

On the Palm Sails note. As a charging voyager fan the extra speed would be nice but I'm also painfully aware of how low health voyager sails have to begin with. Coupled with the fact that I get Stormwind Sails for free I think I will just keep them.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 1

My Deadfire mods

• 10 months later...

As I haven't found any info on this, I thought I can revive this thread and add some info on the legendary crew you can get from Beraths Blessings:

Creath = Navigator **** / Helmsman ****
Tylla = Deckhand **** / Surgeon ****
Doru = Canoneer **** / Cook ****

All of them cost 600 Gold to hire and have an upkeep cost of 8 Gold. They are available in Port Maje.

Creath can be nice as an early navigator for +40% travel speed right from the start, but I would replace him with Coreto/WorthlessIdiot as Navigator and Llendreth as Helmsman, to avoid the double upkeep cost.

Tylla seems to be the only Master Surgeon in the game. So if you want one you should hire her.

If you have a Junk ship, then Doru can also be useful, as there are not enough crew members in the game that can be upgraded to Master Canoneers. With him you at least can fill one slot more.

If you often struggle with injured crew members, they can also be good as reserve crew members as they can perfectly fill out two roles for some emergency switching.

I haven't checked yet if they are stronger in boarding battles then normal crew members.