No autosaves

Sotnik

Question

5 answers to this question

I had no notion about this before my game crashed yesterday (it tends to do that every now and then) and I lost over 3 hours of gameplay 'cause the game never saved on its own once I saved manually (maybe it didn't do before either, can't tell now, can I?). And one can't qicksave (you get a message that quicksave is restricted in Trial of Iron) and the manual save (from the menu) will always send me back to the main menu.

I don't know but it seems like a very bad design anyway that I can not save my progress without quitting the session - in a game that won't autosave in a particular game mode. Especially if said game keeps crashing (at least for as long as there is the problem with "access restrictions").

Since one's not supposed to reverse their decisions (hence only one save) I thought the game might at least autosave whenever I set foot in another region (it seems to work that way in a non-'Trial of Iron' session).

I had no notion about this before my game crashed yesterday (it tends to do that every now and then) and I lost over 3 hours of gameplay 'cause the game never saved on its own once I saved manually (maybe it didn't do before either, can't tell now, can I?). And one can't qicksave (you get a message that quicksave is restricted in Trial of Iron) and the manual save (from the menu) will always send me back to the main menu.

I don't know but it seems like a very bad design anyway that I can not save my progress without quitting the session - in a game that won't autosave in a particular game mode. Especially if said game keeps crashing (at least for as long as there is the problem with "access restrictions").

Since one's not supposed to reverse their decisions (hence only one save) I thought the game might at least autosave whenever I set foot in another region (it seems to work that way in a non-'Trial of Iron' session).

In PoE1 the game autosaved whenever you entered a location and after some other actions like hiring a merc.

I was hoping ToI would have more autosaves in the second game - like autosaving on a character knockout.

Still, I believe the problem is not intended, but it is a bug.

Hello All,

Trial of Iron playthroughs are intended to have a single save. It may be the result of other saves with the same name if they are manually pulled or entered, though a crash might also be the culpirt. Providing any time of crash logs or output,logs to support.obsidian.net would be the best case of action. Hope this helps!

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Hello All,

Trial of Iron playthroughs are intended to have a single save. It may be the result of other saves with the same name if they are manually pulled or entered, though a crash might also be the culpirt. Providing any time of crash logs or output,logs to support.obsidian.net would be the best case of action. Hope this helps!

Best,

-Caleb

Hello, Caleb!

It is currently impossible to provide the above mentioned files, however could you please specify if it is recommended to delete the saves of the other characters with the same name?

BTW, the screenshot was uploaded just to show that the game did not save upon entering the location (the shown save occurred upon leaving the town before).

Edited by Sotnik