Possible Delver's Row bug

lrrose20

Question

Several quests require you to access the black market at Delver's Row. I learned the location of Delver's Row from a bartender. She told me the directions to get to it in the narrows and that it was behind a curtain near a merchant's stall. However, to access Delver's Row, I had to pass a rather steep perception + Streetwise skill check with only the Watcher's skills counting. Once I used svef to get my perception high enough, I was able to discover the hidden entrance that I already knew about.

So I'm not 100% sure, but it feels like that skill check is only supposed to be there if you haven't already learned where Delver's Row is. However, so far as I can tell, the only way to get into Delver's Row is to pass that skill check, which requires a specific stat build for the Watcher.

Am I right that this is a bug and the game should recognize that I already know how that Delver's Row is behind the curtain?

2 answers to this question

Several quests require you to access the black market at Delver's Row. I learned the location of Delver's Row from a bartender. She told me the directions to get to it in the narrows and that it was behind a curtain near a merchant's stall. However, to access Delver's Row, I had to pass a rather steep perception + Streetwise skill check with only the Watcher's skills counting. Once I used svef to get my perception high enough, I was able to discover the hidden entrance that I already knew about.

So I'm not 100% sure, but it feels like that skill check is only supposed to be there if you haven't already learned where Delver's Row is. However, so far as I can tell, the only way to get into Delver's Row is to pass that skill check, which requires a specific stat build for the Watcher.

Am I right that this is a bug and the game should recognize that I already know how that Delver's Row is behind the curtain?

Could be a bug, not sure; but there's another way to access Delver's Row that I found accidentally; (minor spoilers) take the lift in the Gullet down to the Old City Overlook, proceed to the Ruins area, and locate a hidden switch in the ruined Ondra temple in the southwest corner of the map. This leads to the Undercroft (hidden dock), which itself connects to Delver's Row. I ended up needing to exit the Old City this way after they took the lift cage back up. Obviously, it's a dangerous and circuitous route.